Customer Success Manager
Customer Success /
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
We are hiring a Customer Success Manager to help us keep growing. As a Customer success Manager at Plato, your role is to make sure our accounts are successful and achieve their goals thanks to Plato. You will be the main POC for executive sponsors (mostly VP Engineerings) and operational sponsors (People team, HRBP). By establishing a strong relationship with them, you will ensure good communication and tracking of their goals for renewal.
Ultimately, your job is to control churn and drive revenue via upsell.
Your Key Missions:
- Manage a portfolio of Key Accounts
- Support customers in achieving their goals
- Prevent churn on your portfolio of customers
- Expand / Upsell customers
- Onboard new customers
You’ll enjoy a scrappy startup environment and collaborative and thoughtful team members. We are passionate about our mission and are lucky to see the impact of our work, every day! This role is fully remote.
REQUIREMENTS - Must Haves
- BA/BS in Business or related
- Customer Success knowledge - How much do they know about CS
- Honesty / integrity - You do not cut corners ethically, earns trust and maintain confidences.
- Flexibility / adaptability - You can adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Customer Empathy - You understand the underlying needs and feelings of customers to deliver a delightful experience
- Building rapport with customers - You feel at ease when you're with them
- Communication - You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Listening skills - You let others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to criticism and ideas - You often solicit feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Follow-through on commitments - You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- 3+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development, or another client-facing role
- Humble and Growth mindset - You're humble and you're always finding way to grow in your skills and mindset with books, mentors, training...
REQUIREMENTS - Nice to Haves
- Experience with HR or Engineering space a plus
- Efficiency - You're able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Productivity guru - Experience with tools like zapier, integromat, mixmax, lemlist.. preferred but not required. Yet strong interest in the field and willingness to learn required
- Proactivity - Biais towards action: You usually act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the Plato.
- Maintain a routine of meetings with assigned accounts
- Prepare / Run / Follow up on customer checkins
- Document customer findings and customer status
- Design creative solutions to support customers needs and goals
- Identify opportunities for Plato to expand footprint within actual customers
- Weekly communications with customer via a newsletter
- Run CS playbook successfully( kick off meetings with exec / ops sponsor, Group checkins)
- Be involved in the improvement of the Customer Success Processes
- Work closely with the Talent Coaching team to ensure mentee success
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform sales and product roadmap
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.