At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
At Plato, you’ll enjoy a scrappy startup environment, collaborative and thoughtful team members, lots of natural light. Plato provides everything you personally need to get your job done. We are passionate about our mission and are lucky to see the impact of our work, everyday!
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about building products that can last. If you are looking for challenges, and want to have impact in a fast growing company, come and join us!
Who you are
- A mission-driven person: At Plato, we're all passionate about our mission to elevate the leadership game in the world
- A product engineer: You will not be building features without having challenged it and fully understand the user value
- A strong technologist: you are an expert either in back-end or front-end, and the team can rely on you for any technical issue
- A team player: You're a natural team player, you can talk with other non-technical department
- A pragmatist: your solutions are not ivory towers but driven by the context
- A thinker: you are logical, can evaluate a problem quickly, abstract it and propose solutions
We encourage people from historically underrepresented communities in technology to apply, including but not limited to women, people of color, people with disabilities and those who identify as LGBTQ.
- Experience in development: 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- Natural leadership skills: Communication, Pedagogy, Grit, Patience
- Architect or Tech lead experience is a plus
- Contributing to open source project is a plus
- As a team, you will choose the technical stack and right tools given our stage
- As a team, define the architecture for our product
- As a team, define the development norms and methods for the team
- Ensure quality by reviewing the team’s code
- Learn from the best engineering and product leaders in the world (https://www.platohq.com/mentors)
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.