At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
We are a very diverse team with employees in the US, Canada, France and probably many other locations to come, and with that comes the necessity to have clear internal processes and policies. The position also includes supporting our company’s senior-level managers and diverse specific projects.
As an Executive Assistant, you will be working directly with our CEO to take on multiple administrative projects that are starting to become paramount to support our rapid company growth.
We are looking for a highly motivated person, who's excellent at handling admin work but who's a jack of all trades and with experience in a startup environment.
- Follow-through on commitments - You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Organisation and planning - You can plan, organize, schedule, budget in an efficient, productive manner while focusing on key priorities.
- Attention to detail - You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Communication - You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
Nice to have Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in a EA role or similar
- Humble and Growth mindset - You're humble and you're always finding way to grow in your skills and mindset with books, mentors, training...
- Efficiency - You're able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Enthusiasm - You exhibits passion and excitement over work and have a "can-do attitude".
- Work ethic - You have a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done
- Perfect English
- Honesty / integrity - You do not cut corners ethically, earns trust and maintain confidences.
Your Key Activities
- Work on implementing the necessary administrative internal processes/policies as the company grows
- Become the owner of our internal knowledge base tool and ensure that it remains clean and clear for all to use
- Prepare presentations and reports as required
- Schedule business meetings
- Help with employee onboarding.
- Make sure processes are properly completed and followed up by the designated managers
- Handle billing inquiries and payments
- Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports
- Purchase and set up work station for new hires
- Read, validate, summarize and keep track of contracts
- Miscellaneous tasks: filling out standard forms, help other team members when required
- Organize team events (happy hours, parties, meetings, offsites, etc)
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.