Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
In joining us, you’ll enjoy a scrappy startup environment, collaborative and thoughtful team members, and full flexibility as part of a 100% remote company. Plato provides everything you personally need to get your job done. We are deeply passionate about our mission and lucky to see the impact of our work, everyday!
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about building products that can last.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to have a substantial impact in a fast growing company, come and join us!
Who you are
- A mission-driven person: At Plato, we're all passionate about our mission to elevate the leadership game in the world
- A product-minded engineer: You will not be building features without fully understanding how they add user value
- A strong technologist: You are a back-end expert or with strong front-end capabilities and the team can rely on you for any technical issue
- A team player: You're a natural team player, and you can communicate with other non-technical team members with ease
- A pragmatist: Your solutions are not ivory towers, but driven by context and coherence
- A thinker: You are logical, can evaluate a problem quickly, abstract it, and propose creative solutions
We strongly encourage people from historically underrepresented communities in technology to apply, including but not limited to women, people of color, people with disabilities and those who identify as LGBTQ.
- Experience in development: 2-5 years of professional experience in software engineering
- Natural leadership skills: Communication, Pedagogy, Grit, Patience
- Contributing to open source project is a plus
- You will define the technical architecture for our product
- You will establish the development norms and methods for the team
- Ensure quality by reviewing the team’s code
- Learn from the best engineering and product leaders in the world (https://www.platohq.com/mentors)
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.
Please note: Our team is fully remote - the only requirement for your location is that you are able to commit to a 3-4 hour overlap with PST (the majority of our team is based out of San Francisco).
Plato is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
Plato is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.