San Francisco, California
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
Since launching in 2017, we have hosted smaller events in SF and Paris, and recently hosted our first annual day-long flagship Summit event in SF. We're looking for a creative and experienced event manager to join Plato's Marketing team to help build the strategy for scaling and executing our future events. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with the cofounders to develop this strategy, and are guaranteed to have an impact from day one.
This is a unique opportunity that requires broad strategy, as well as detailed execution. Your day-to-day will consist of determining the best way to create more impact in the larger engineering leadership community, generate more sales leads, and grow our community through our events. At the same time, you'll need to be able to execute that plan with an unrivaled attention to detail. If you're interested in being part of a company that values leaders who move fast, put people first, and have a growth mindset, read on!
What You'll Be Doing
- Drive strategy and execution of Plato's events: including the planning, goal setting, tactics, and metrics to drive new leads, nurture existing ones, and bring our brand and story to life
- Organize events from conception to completion: plan logistics, manage vendors, source diverse speakers and audiences, report on metrics, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing team and teams to leverage content from events to generate relevant content (handbook, blog posts, video coverage, etc)
- Expand and develop new event ideas, concepts, processes, and formats to help us scale the events around the globe
- 3 - 6 years event planning experience in a fast-paced environment (meetups, conferences, Summits, virtual events, etc.), preferably in SaaS
- Experience working with executive speakers, engineering leaders a plus
- Strong working knowledge of the global startup community (bonus if experienced with the engineering leadership community)
- Hyper-organized and the ability to multitask with a relentless commitment to detail
- Excellent communication skills--verbal and written
- Grace and positivity under pressure
- Innovative with an ability to think beyond the traditional "Event Playbook"
- Startup experience a plus
- BA/BS in Marketing/Communications or related
- Local or relocating to SF
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.