Head of Partnership / Business Development
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
This it an opportunity to build from scratch strategy and relationship with key partners. We’ve been working for the past 3 years with a lot of partners (including Algolia, LogDNA, YCombinator, StackOverflow ...) and we’d like to be able to structure all our offers and get deeper relationship with all of them. We’re looking for a person who is going to report to the CEO of Plato to build from scratch partnership and Business Development.
You’re a proven professional who has been doing Sales, Business Development. You have been able to close deals in the past and have been holding a quota. You have a strong desire to build Partnership and BD from scratch. You also are used to work with low tech tools to automate your work (e.g. Zapier workflows).
Must Have Requirements
- Humble and Growth mindset - You're humble and you're always finding way to grow in your skills and mindset with books, mentors, training...
- Persistent - You demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Aggressiveness - You can move quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- A strong desire to build Partnership / BD from scratch - We have not figured out everything, the head of partnerships/BD will be building things from scratch
- Ability to close and holding a quota
Nice to have requirements
- BA/BS in Business or related
- 3 years+ of work experience in a closing role
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment preferred
- Follow-through on commitments - You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Work ethic - You have a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done
- Openness to criticism and ideas - You often solicit feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Creativity / innovation - You generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Customer Empathy - You understand the underlying needs and feelings of customers to deliver a delightful experience
- Building rapport with customers - You feel at ease when you're with them
- Communication - You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Productivity guru - Experience with tools like zapier, integromat, mixmax, lemlist.. preferred but not required. Yet strong interest in the field and willingness to learn required
Your Key Missions
- Own relationship with key partners
- Defining the partnership strategy with the CEO
- Build from scratch processes (CRM, Prospection, tools ... ) to manage partnerships
Your key activities
- Work with the CEO to develop the strategy regarding partnership
- Work with our head of events / community to find partners for events we’re organizing
- Close sponsorship opportunities for events we’re organizing (e.g. https://elevate.platohq.com/)
- Work with partners to organize co-branded Circles (e.g. https://www.platohq.com/community-circles)
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.