Human Resources Generalist
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
The People Team is focused on creating an environment and culture that enables, engages, and cultivates employees throughout their journey as a member of the Playco team. As a global company, we must ensure that employees in every location have the support and resources they need so that they can focus on how they best contribute to our vision of bringing the world closer through play!
This role is for a true HR generalist. You’ve done a bit of everything but are well versed at: onboarding, offboarding, benefits management, HRIS integrations and management, compensation analysis, and employee relations management. You will help build the foundations of our HR systems, programs, and processes. You work well independently, have strong logical, analytical, and relationship-building skills, and have ample project management experience. You’ll have a direct impact on the employee experience at Playco!
- Partner with HR leaders on the delivery and effectiveness of several core People processes and responsibilities across the employee life-cycle.
- Own benefits administration from open enrollment to supporting day to day needs; Benchmark, review and revise benefits offerings annually.
- Manage leave administration for all forms or paid and unpaid leave (PFL, PSL, Parental, etc).
- Identify compliance requirements along with required training and/or documentation, and implement a process to ensure organizational compliance; Stay up to date in knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in HR and employment law.
- Build and manage the end to end onboarding and offboarding processes to give staff a positive start and or sendoff.
- Partner with leadership to identify staffing and talent development needs.
- Ensure employee records are accurate, up to date, and compliant.
- Partner with Finance to ensure payroll compliance for out of state candidates.
- Manage virtual events with help of the extended team - happy hours, celebrations, game nights, etc Partner with the HR Operations Team for various company wide initiatives and rollouts. Provide project management to client-specific people programs, creating and maintaining a project plan which accounts for key dependencies and holds key stakeholders accountable.
- Broad knowledge of organizational and/or system-wide HR personnel policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze employment contracts, compensation, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Knowledge of local, state, federal labor laws and best practices for risk mitigation.
- Success managing employee relations, with a high degree of discretion, professional ethics, and judgment.
- Strong written, verbal, and presenting communication skills at a variety of levels; able to present to employees and executives.
- Must be flexible and comfortable working with ambiguity and frequent changes while maintaining excitement about building the foundations of the company’s People programs and processes.
- Excitement and desire to work in a fast-paced environment during a period of growth, with a globally distributed team.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.