Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
At Playco, we care deeply about protecting people’s privacy when they play our games. As the world’s first instant play gaming company, we partner with platform companies around the world to bring our games to their users. In doing so, we must abide by these platforms’ privacy policies in addition to protecting people’s privacy within our games. As a global company, we strive to adhere to market standards around privacy and data use. We are looking for a privacy professional to bring privacy by design into our games, systems and processes to meet these diverse requirements.
As the first technical privacy leader at Playco, you’ll be working directly with the CTO, our General Counsel, and other leaders around the company to build and execute a strategy for privacy across our company. You’ll partner closely with operational and legal counterparts within Playco to assess new privacy requirements and ensure we’re complying with all regulatory and partner requirements. You’ll work closely with product and engineering teams to implement these requirements.
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented. The implementations should advance compliance with legal forms of data use as well as support business use of data.
- Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Collaborate with product development teams to manage risk when using user data for new purposes.
- Interface and represent the privacy program between engineering, data, product, legal, and compliance teams.
- Design technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Assist with the management of the data privacy, data protection, data usability, performance and the integrity of the privacy solution.
- Interact with internal partners to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications to new or existing software.
- Interface with other developers and architects in implementing big data solutions that enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets.
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
- Guide the development of new privacy products and features.
- Identify areas of improvement in local practices relative to managing data privacy.
- In partnership with product, engineering, and legal teams, drive regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigate risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
- Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to key stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to influence without authority.
- Comfortable in chaos, ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations and flexibility to adjust to changing facts and circumstances.
- Collaborative by default and a growth mindset, demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams.
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance.
- Competent in the interpretation of numeric data, an understanding of statistical principles.
- Data literacy: finding and managing data, cleansing data, manipulating data.
- Ability to perform operations on large datasets.
- Experience managing complex projects across time zones and with 10s of stakeholders.
- English and Japanese bilingual skills are a plus.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or related field of study.
- Strong software development skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate designs, proposals, and results, negotiate options at management levels, and drive projects to desired outcomes.
- 5 years' experience in privacy / data protection or a graduate degree or concentration in privacy engineering.
- CIPT certification a plus!