Remote (APAC or US Pacific) /
Shared Services – Operations /
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
As the Ops Specialist, you will be part of the Playco Operations team that does a wide range of activities and projects across the whole organization. As the company grows rapidly, many different roles and functions need to be built and filled, and the operations team works as the glue to connect all the pieces together to keep the growth momentum. This role is in a great position to have an overall view of the company, through having the chance to work with all the departments and teams. Often, the executive members will ask you to work on special projects that are strictly confidential and require strong execution ability to drive the projects with high speed and quality.
- View the company as a whole and understand the priorities of different tasks and work on a wide range of projects and problems across the organization.
- Help to reduce the risk and cost as much as possible for every aspect of the company.
- Support Corporate Development deals such as M&A and Investment.
- Drive Business Development deals with Platforms, IPs, Game Studios, and other potential partners.
- Build processes collaboratively with other supporting departments such as Finance, HR, Talent, Legal, IT, Facilities.
- Support Products / Marketing / Art / Engineering teams lacking in bilingual capabilities.
- Lead project management and internal communications to sync teams on major milestones and manage a content schedule.
- College-degree from top/nationally-ranked college or university.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience working in a top management consulting firm, CEO office or similar position (preferred)
- Language: Written and verbal fluency in English (for US Pacific) as well as Japanese (APAC). Business-level proficiency in spoken Korean a plus (APAC)
- Communication: Ability to write compellingly in another person’s “voice,” and represent another’s point of view in meetings. Clear, concise, and structured fluent written communication in all languages.
- Problem Solving and Creativity: Ability to solve complex problems and come up with creative solutions
- Adaptability: Be able to learn quickly on the job and adapt to new tasks and situations
- Team player: Be able to work well in a team setting, taking and giving feedback in a constructive, tactful, and receptive manner
- Diplomacy: Success in past roles speaking truth to power and leading effectively across organizational units through influence and without direct authority. Must have keen interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and a strong sense of tact and discretion.
- Ownership and Proactiveness: Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguous situations with little direction, running towards problems without being asked; solutions-oriented with strong judgment for the right course of action in any given situation. Self-sufficient, able to grow and develop with the role
- Organized and Organizing: Must be able to react to time-sensitive matters as well as manage complex, longer-term initiatives. Solid personal organizational skills as well as the ability to support others in managing time and priorities.
- Flexible and Resilient: The consistent ability to remain flexible, calm under pressure, and adaptive to change as priorities shift, acting as a model for the organization at large. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity. Comfortable working in an unstructured, high-growth environment
- Ethical: Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Personal: credibility, emotional maturity, humility, positivity, and confidence.
- Passion: Strong sense of passion with our products, instant play gaming
- Modeling and numbers: Data analysis, profit modeling, strong with numbers
- Tech skills: Strong office software skillset (Google suite, Zoom, Slack and etc.), tech-savvy
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.