Game Engineer (Web3)
Remote (APAC or NAM ) /
Web3 – Engineering /
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
We are a remote-first Series A company who recently raised $100m in series A funding, backed by Sequoia Capital. Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate makers and tinkerers with a healthy disregard for constraints and a love of experimentation. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life!
About this Role
Game Engineers on the Web3 team build platforms and tools that enable communities to create, publish and share blockchain powered games. We are excited about the community driven aspect of social games where creators can provide fun experiences with crypto-assets.
- Designing, developing and deploying major game features from end to end.
- Be the champion for the user and have real input on the end-user product
- Insist on the highest standards and create functional and engaging features that will delight our users.
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team while collaborating with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Hands on architect and coder for sophisticated client/server systems for web and mobile gaming.
- Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generate solutions.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross functional teams.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Proficiency in script debuggers like Chrome Debugger.
- Familiarity with version control using git
- Solid familiarity with deployment on AWS cloud environments
- Great communication skills, self starter, analytical, creative, and a strong team player.
- High motivation to work in the game industry backed by demonstrable games on which you were a primary contributor (self-produced work is acceptable).
- Experience developing and shipping games using game engines such as PixiJS
- Experience creating feature rich apps such as audio or video editing, or art and animation tools
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics and A/B testing in web and/or mobile games.
- Experience working with Web3 technologies
- Understanding of the reactive UI paradigm and experience building UIs using reactive UI frameworks (such as React, and state management Utilities like Redux).
- Knowledgeable with what NPM components can do, and what functionality you are better off custom coding.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.