Director of Acquisition
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
As Director of User Acquisition you will focus on determining our UA strategy and overseeing advertising campaigns that support our games. You will also interview, hire, mentor, and manage UA managers as well as prepare reports on UA activities for upper management.
- Lead the performance marketing team, putting in place the right personnel and organization, recruitment, and mentorship of direct reports.
- Plan performance marketing campaigns strategy. Work with User Acquisition Managers to structure campaigns targeting users on the right platforms, countries, and channels.
- Collaborate with producers, product managers, and art teams to align performance marketing execution with company objectives.
- Create performance marketing dashboards in Amplitude. Review and provide feedback on dashboards created by direct reports.
- Provide reporting on the performance marketing campaigns at a regular cadence for key stakeholders including management, studios, and art.
- Collaborate with finance on invoice approval, investment forecasts, budgeting and cash flow projections based on performance marketing investments.
- Collaborate with legal on insertion orders, NDAs, and related approvals related to performance marketing projects.
- Develop new and innovative performance marketing initiatives to look for fresh ways to achieve key company goals and stay ahead of the competition.
- 5 years+ of experience managing marketing or UA campaigns, preferably in games or mobile.
- Solid people and team management experience.
- Data analysis experience using Excel, SQL or similar tools.
- Passionate about gaming and media.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure.
- Comfortable working in a globally distributed and remote environment.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and highly-motivated.
- Experience using Amplitude.
- Conflict resolution skills.