Remote, USA /
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our culture and growth are everything. Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will support company executives to help manage their schedules and communications, as well as implement strategy, manage projects, and address both inward and outward-facing issues. You work well independently, have strong logical, analytical, and relationship-building skills, and have ample people and project management experience. You are flexible, agile, and discreet. In addition to managing the many projects and priorities of our executive team, you will serve as a conduit and aide to Playco executives on major projects and initiatives with the purpose of best leveraging their time, reducing roadblocks, increasing impact, and accelerating progress.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients, and other external partners as directed, where you will control and manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and format information for internal and external communication – emails, reports, memos, presentations, letters, and other documents.
- Research and collect data, prepare documents for review and presentation by executives.
- Organize data and files for the executives.
- Take minutes during meetings.
- Facilitate efficient scheduling by working with the executives to strategically manage and organize calendars, such that activities reflect the greatest priorities on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Set up meetings for both internal and external purposes - staff, investors, partners, vendors and etc.
- Find and reserve meeting spaces when necessary and manage impromptu events.
- Assist executives as a translator/interpreter when required.
Logistics and Coordination
- Assist in travel and accommodation booking and arrangements for executives and other company employees.
- Reserve restaurants and coordinate/set-up spaces for meetings and events; form relationships with key partners to accomplish these tasks
- Track daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports.
- Provide general administrative and technical support including managing digital services and accounts.
- Monitor and administer the purchase of office supplies / snacks / technology inventory and vendors as necessary.
- Manage all tasks for the executives - such as buying gifts for the VIPs and partners.
- Assist in a wide range of personal tasks for the executives in order to better allow them to focus on work activities.
- The organization and our executives operate in multiple time zones and on weekends. Therefore, you must be available for off-hours work, including early mornings, evenings, late nights, and weekends. Although demanding, there is a high potential to grow in the role, and at the company, as we rapidly expand.
- College-degree from top/nationally-ranked college or university.
- 2-4 years of experience as Executive Administrator / Assistant or similar role
- Language: Written and verbal fluency in English - native-level English is required as it will be necessary to draft communications for the executives
- Proficiency in all major communication and social media tools, video conferencing platforms, and office software such as G-Suite, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Excellent Microsoft Office software knowledge - Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.
- Flexibility: Comfortable operating both at the board level and at the administrative and tactical level, handling whatever is required to support the executives and their agenda.
- Diplomacy: Success in past roles speaking truth to power and leading effectively across organizational units through influence and without direct authority. Must have keen interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and a strong sense of tact and discretion.
- Proactiveness: Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguous situations with little direction, running towards problems without being asked; solutions-oriented with strong judgment for the right course of action in any given situation.
- Organized and Organizing: Must be able to react to time-sensitive matters as well as manage complex, longer-term initiatives. Solid personal organizational skills as well as the ability to support others in managing time and priorities.
- Communicator: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to write compellingly in another person’s “voice,” and represent another’s point of view in meetings.
- Flexible and Resilient: The consistent ability to remain flexible, calm under pressure, and adaptive to change as priorities shift, acting as a model for the organization at large.
- Ethical: Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Personal: credibility, emotional maturity, humility, positivity, and confidence.