San Francisco, Mountain View, Tokyo, Seoul, Remote /
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team.
- Architect and code sophisticated client/server systems for instant gaming.
- Play a critical role in day-to-day coding, performance profiling, optimization, and general troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Learn from and mentor other engineers on your team.
- Take ownership of your projects to make them the best they can possibly be.
- Provide valuable input on the company’s long-term engineering roadmap and help identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production.
- Solid familiarity with deployment on cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in software systems design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Ability to interact with peers in a constructive and productive style.
- Familiarity with git, svn, or other VCS.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, product managers, and other developers.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Expert knowledge of NodeJS and ES6 / TypeScript.
- DevOps experience -- setting up CI/CD environments, orchestrating deployments, creating monitoring dashboards, anything that makes the development process easier, more enjoyable and more accountable.
- Experience in game development and shipped titles.