Art & Design /
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
The artist role at Playco is unique compared to other companies. We work on a wide variety of projects with varying styles and game mechanics. You’ll be able to explore different genres and learn new techniques. An ideal candidate can take ownership over a game and create games that clearly stand out from the pack, while working closely with their fellow artists, product managers, and engineers to make sure they are aligned with the high standards we strive for. There’s a lot of opportunity to grow into a leadership role in this position, so having previous experience in this area is a plus.
- Create high quality 2D and isometric 2D vector art using Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Support the Studio Art Lead in the overall vision for the game.
- Develop beautiful, fun game experiences, and associated marketing and promotional initiatives with creative design.
- Conceptualize and design game environments, characters, and UI.
- 2+ years industry experience in mobile, social, or free2play games.
- Have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills; ability to be proactive and confident in a diplomatic manner.
- Respond well to artistic feedback while getting the work done with minimal direction.
- Ability to iterate quickly and adhere to a production schedule
- Skilled at managing responsibilities across multiple projects.
- Great concept art skills with an eye for composition and color.
- Ability to understand, internalize, and communicate high-level goals to team members and reports.
- Motivated and excited about design and game art.
- Style versatility is a must-have. We work on a range of games whose style can vary from cute and casual to hardcore and realistic
- Knowledge of Flash/Animate and/or 3D modeling software is a huge plus!