Game Engineer - Europe
Remote - Europe, Africa /
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
- Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying major game features from end to end..
- Be the champion for the user and have real input on the end-user product!
- Insist on the highest standards and create functional and engaging features that will delight our users.
- Be part of a tight game development team looking to iterate fast on a fun concept and then building it out.
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team while collaborating with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Hands on architect and coder for sophisticated client/server systems for mobile gaming.
- Innovate and iterate on process, systems and technology to deliver world-class social games.
- Be a leader; Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generate solutions.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross functional teams.
- Proven effectiveness in directing or delivering high-quality production software with at least one shipped product of which you were a primary contributor (self published products are acceptable).
- High motivation to work in the game industry backed by demonstrable games on which you were a primary contributor (self-produced work is acceptable).
- Proficient at using script debuggers like Chrome Debugger.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Familiarity with git, svn or other VCS.
- Great communication skills, self starter, analytical, creative, and a strong team player.
- Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (for example: UI, Physics, graphics, multiplayer, game logic, animation etc.).
- Both Android and iOS game development experience.
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics and A/B testing in mobile games.
- Understanding of the reactive UI paradigm and experience building UIs using reactive UI frameworks (such as React, and state management Utilities like Redux).
- Knowledgeable with what NPM components can do, and what functionality you are better off custom coding.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.