Privacy & Security Counsel
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
Our Privacy Counsel has deep knowledge and understanding of the opportunities, challenges, and risks associated with operating a mobile gaming company at global scale. You play a critical role by providing Engineering, Marketing, HR, Finance, and IT teams with timely and practical advice that supports the business in finding solutions which provide Playco users a sense of trust when they play our games. Our ideal team member is a strong written and verbal communicator, is intrinsically motivated, and feels personally rewarded when contributing to a creative and collaborative environment. Prior experience with privacy, data protection, and cybersecurity allow you to effectively advise our team in areas of greatest concern to our business and users. Level commensurate with experience.
Who You Are
You are an enthusiastic, collaborative, self-motivated, curious, proactive go-getter, and creative teammate as well as an ambassador for the legal team. You have strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to apply good judgment, a love of privacy and security issues, a calling to innovate on ways to improve processes and empower your partners, an eagerness to learn new things, and a growth mindset. You are comfortable handling chaos, thrive in a team environment, and are able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally across many stakeholders.
- Partner across the business, including with the General Counsel, CTO, and technical privacy lead to design, roll out, and maintain a holistic privacy program.
- Stay up to date with current privacy, product, and security developments and keep teams apprised of the same.
- Ensure adherence to relevant privacy, content, and consumer protection laws and regulations in the U.S. and internationally through review of engineering and product design specifications.
- Support contract review, particularly around product and privacy relevant terms, for example: Data Protection Addendums, security questionnaires, and partnership/platform agreements.
- Create processes for and partner with the business to complete Data Protection Impact Assessments, data inventories, and responses to data subject requests.
- Drive creation and delivery of training materials, including presentations, checklists, FAQs, and internal wiki content in ways that not only educate our team members on privacy and consumer protection and their importance, but inspire them to be ambassadors and empower them to move quickly while doing the right thing for our players.
- Develop innovative and scalable processes that enable the Legal team’s ability to effectively support a fast-moving, globally distributed organization in achieving business results.
- Flexible on experience, but prefer at least 4+ years of legal experience in privacy/data protection counseling, including, cybersecurity and adtech; regulatory and/or in-house experience is preferred but not required. We welcome more experienced applicants - title will be commensurate with experience.
- Have experience standing up privacy and data protection programs/processes.
- Working understanding of current and emerging privacy laws (CCPA, GDPR, LGPD, ePrivacy Directive, EECC).
- Ability and strong desire to work in a fast-moving environment, build relationships across the business, and work effectively together to solve problems - You welcome diverse perspectives and engage problems with curiosity.
- Teammate by default, exceptional communication skills and the ability to explain complex ideas in a succinct and impactful manner. Ability to integrate into cross-functional teams with a cooperative and participatory approach.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects across functional departments.
- Excellent judgment and ability to work independently, but escalate issues and seek sign off/guidance appropriately.
- Courage to take initiative, address problems, and make continuous process improvements.
- Willing to work on a broad variety of matters - learning new things is exciting to you, and you are willing to roll-up-your-sleeves and help where needed, including documentation.
- Ability to scale and grow with an organization.
- Bar admission or equivalent and in good standing to practice law in your relevant jurisdiction.
- Experience as an adviser to gaming companies, social networks, or platforms.
- Is bilingual in Japanese and English.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.