Senior Backend Services Engineer (AccelByte)
Development – Engineering /
As a Senior Backend Services Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the development
and creation of backend services for live games. This role is relied upon to solve the most
complex client/server database strategies, player accounts and in-app purchasing by
utilizing research and innovative technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of game backend services for live games.
- Writing robust code to be used in high traffic services.
- Monitoring and maintenance of live systems.
- Developing new cloud/server features for games.
- Troubleshooting problems in the production environment and on our live systems.
- Communicating with game teams to define and implement persistence changes, microservices, matchmaking, and leaderboards.
- Developing tools to monitor, troubleshoot and debug microservice systems.
- Experience in the gaming industry.
- Experience in concurrency and distributed systems.
- Good experience with Docker, Linux and AWS (or other Cloud providers)
- Ability to design fail-proof systems and operate them with minimal downtime.
- Previous experience on high available and high throughput systems.
- Good knowledge of functional testing and load testing.
- Solid English and good communication skills.
- A passion for creating games
- Experience with Accelbyte, Gamelift, Playfab or others.
- Knowledge and experience with real-time multiplayer games and backends
At Playgig, play is our life’s work. Founded in 2021, we’re a team of experienced game developers creating worlds in which people can immerse themselves and play games with their friends. From blue-sky conceptualization all the way through launch and live operations, our approach emphasizes working closely with players because players are at the heart of everything we do. Learn more at www.playgig.com.