Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Alpharetta, GA /
Development – PlayOn! Sports /
PlayOn! Sports is the nation's leading high school media and technology company, providing streaming and digital ticketing services to thousands of high schools nationwide. In 2013, PlayOn! Sports and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) created the NFHS Network, a joint venture that aggregates the sports media and related rights of state high school athletic associations while celebrating the accomplishments of student-athletes, student broadcasters, and high schools across the country. Through the NFHS Network, PlayOn! Sports provides automated production capabilities free of charge to schools which allows them to live-stream via artificial intelligence and automation thus avoiding the need for production personnel.
In 2022, PlayOn! Sports and GoFan (backed by KKR a leading global investment firm), the leading digital ticketing company in the high school sports market, joined forces to create a streamlined customer experience for in-person, live-stream, and on-demand events. There are 19,500 high schools in the NFHS ecosystem and PlayOn! Sports currently works with over 50% of them. Going forward, the company is focused on: 1) continuing to grow the number of schools it works with; 2) continuing to grow the average revenue per school; 3) expanding the products and services it provides to the high school ecosystem beyond streaming; 4) expanding outside of high school sports.
PlayOn! Sports is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (Data Testing) to be responsible for testing the Financial pillar of the Product through Database/SQL testing and manual and automation testing of APIs/UI. In this role, you will partner with other engineers to write testing code concurrently with product development.
Additional responsibilities and accountabilities for this role include:
• You should be hands-on and comfortable in an Agile environment.
• Writing code to test and validate the business logic encoded in the database SQL code and other code repositories.
• Building an automated test framework within a CICD environment integrating test results into the workflows.
• Write test cases from scratch and build functional tests to ensure quality meets standards.
• Test back-end API interfaces for the financial platform.
• Build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves.
• Work with the project team to drive Data Driven Development and Test-Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
• Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
• Perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing.
• Define the scope and procedures for quality engineering of the application, including the development and maintenance of automated test scripts.
• Understanding of how API-driven applications work and interact with other API or microservices environments.
• Work with other teams/departments to ensure smooth Automation delivery during entire lifecycle.
• Participate in Scrum meetings, Automation demos and ensure accurate and timely status updates to application team.
• 3-5 years of experience in full-stack SDET test automation
• Strong SQL background – Data Validity testing/ Data Integrity Testing/ Data format testing.
• The candidate should be able to validate the database code to some degree to make sure the business logic has been coded as per the requirements and stage data to test them.
• Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests.
• Experience writing test cases and building & implementing test automation frameworks from scratch.
• Proven test automation ability in CI/CD context for Microservices, Web, Mobile (iOS & Android) & Cloud platforms.
• Proficient with agile tools like Jira, Bitbucket or similar.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT PLAYON! SPORTS
PlayOn! Sports is more than just a place to work. It's a place to learn, grow, and thrive as people and professionals. We encourage a healthy work-life balance at PlayOn! Sports through offering flexible working schedules and generous paid time off in the off-season. Come be a part of the team that is changing the landscape of high school sports!
Some benefits we offer include:
• Competitive salary
• Multiple Medical options to choose from
• Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
• Unlimited PTO
• 401K plan with company match
• Fun and collaborative hybrid/flexible work environment
Note: Part-time employees and interns are not eligible to participate in any of the Company’s Employee Health Benefit Plan listed above. These Benefits are only available to full-time employees of the Company.