Senior Software Engineer
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient so we’re using technology and data to give value - and power - back to the consumer. Our ambition is huge and the only way we can achieve it is by bringing together the best people in the world. That's where you come in.
Who are we?
Plenti is Australia's leading technology-led consumer lending and investment business. We are on a mission to challenge the status quo. We have opened-up consumer credit to everyday Australians. We are also disrupting the automotive, renewable energy, personal and legal loan markets. We’ve funded $1bn+ in loans and earlier this year we listed on the ASX, raising funds to help take our business to the next level.
What's the role?
The engineering team has been one of our most stable teams, growing from our founding engineer 5 years ago, who is now running a team of 20 amazing engineers.
This Software Engineer will play a vital part in our Platform team. The underlying platform of Plenti is the foundation that all other products are built on top of. Changes to this platform have significant impacts across all parts of our business and especially on our customers. As a result, we're looking for a passionate and talented Software Engineer who has experience in a .net/C# environment and knowledge of micro-services working with a variety of APIs. This is a great role that combines strategic problem solving and hands on execution.
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced team across multiple products, both internal and external facing.
What are some of the technologies that you will use? (at first)
• C# (.net core and framework), React, Angular
• Microservices architecture, event sourcing, DDD, BDD (Specflow), RESTful APIs
• AWS; Over 20 services, including - EC2, Lambda, Route53, VPC, ASG, CodeDeploy
• SqlServer, Redis, AWS DynamoDb
What will your key responsibilities be?
• Elicitation / validation of requirements, collaborating on agile work breakdown / planning
• End to end delivery of user stories including testing / product support
• Design across existing and new products including API, business domain and database design
• Automated testing including unit, acceptance, integration and UI
What type of experience might make you successful?
• 7+ years working in software development roles
• Experience in a .Net environment
• A demonstrable passion for the sector
• Strong academic performance
• Be a self-motivator
• A test-driven design approach
What's life like at Plenti?
• We value openness and ideas more than anything else - it doesn't matter who you are in the business, we want your input
• Your career at Plenti is what you make it - there are Plenti of career opportunities to match your own plan for growth - so you can grab them and run
• A phenomenal group of driven and intelligent colleagues
• A sincere purpose which every person truly believes in
• Flexible working arrangements
• Monthly company events
• Employee Assistance Program
• Sometimes we even head out and race boats against one another!
• Ultimately, a hard working but enjoyable environment, where everyone strives to ensure we offer great products to customers and grow rapidly