Senior Data Engineer
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient so we’re using technology and data to give value - and power - back to the consumer. Our ambition is huge and the only way we can achieve it is by bringing together the best people in the world. That's where you come in.
Who are we?
Plenti is Australia's leading technology-led consumer lending and investment business. We are on a mission to challenge the status quo. We have opened-up consumer credit to everyday Australians. We are also disrupting the automotive, renewable energy, personal and legal loan markets. We’ve funded $1bn+ in loans and earlier this year we listed on the ASX, raising funds to help take our business to the next level.
About the role
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys building data systems from the ground up and then optimizing them .You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of our credit, finance, product, and sales teams. You will be excited by the prospect of re-designing our company’s data architecture and optimizing it to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
What will you be doing?
Help us organize our data and expose it to business users: Identify the right tools for data management, analysis and reporting. You will wrangle our (extensive) data into cohesive, well structured datasets that can be exposed to business users to help them monitor performance and answer questions
Help us understand Plenti and our customers: working with our entire organisation, you will design, build and automate a range of reports, dashboards and algorithms to drive insights into business performance and generate actionable recommendations
Lead us to a more data-driven culture: across our business, you will champion a data-driven approach to decision making and growth
What skills and qualifications will help you?
• 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
• Experience distilling disparate data sources into understandable, useful datasets that can be accessed and used by business users via common tools
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Experience working with products and product/marketing teams would be a big plus – optimising funnels, developing relevant metrics, measuring ongoing OKRs, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
What tools do we use?
Data sources: SQL Server, Redshift, S3
Tools and languages: SQL, PowerBI, Python/R, Heap, Google Analytics, Excel, WPS (SAS) etc
What's life like at Plenti?
• We value openness and ideas more than anything else - it doesn't matter who you are in the business, we want your input
• Your career at Plenti is what you make it - there are Plenti of career opportunities to match your own plan for growth - so you can grab them and run
• A phenomenal group of driven and intelligent colleagues
• A sincere purpose which every person truly believes in
• Flexible working arrangements
• Monthly company events
• Employee Assistance Program
• Sometimes we even head out and race boats against one another!
• Ultimately, a hard working but enjoyable environment, where everyone strives to ensure we offer great products to customers and grow rapidly