Sales leadership program (German Market)
At Pleo, we believe in careers and personal growth! 🚀
We are a dynamic and very ambitious company and our sales team is no different. In 2020 we are going to scale substantially and we know that the only way for us to achieve our goals is to find talented individuals who share the same ambition for themselves and their careers.
Our Sales Leadership Programme provides a rewarding and fast-tracked career within our commercial organisation. You will be learning the essentials of B2B SaaS sales, you will learn and develop business acumen, perfect your executive presence, sharpen your negotiation skills, as you establish your sales skills and track record you progress in to people responsibility and management roles where you are given the opportunity to coach and transfer your skills to your teams.
We strongly believe that Sales is a great school for a business career. ‘Cause let’s be honest - life is a single negotiation and selling exercise. Hence you won’t only be winning in your job, but also in life!
Career Progression, you say?
The entry level role in the programme is an Account Executive position, this is the first role where you learn the ropes in all aspects of our full sales cycle. It’s focused on understanding our product, market and sales methodology based on value based selling.
From there you move on to a Senior Account Executive role which is where you continue your journey on mastering both the science and art of sales as well as developing your business acumen and strategic thinking. Once you have successfully learned the above there are two progression tracks - one is into people responsibility and management as a Team Lead and later as a Sales Manager for one of our offices. The other would be into a Strategic Sales role where you get to sharpen your business skills further by working with our biggest opportunities as a senior sales lead in our offices.
From here the career tracks move in to Country Manager or Sales Director role and who knows where else the path will take you!
When we mean progression, we mean in the way that you want to progress.
Sounds great ? Wonderful. We are growing fast and that is also what we want for your progression. There's nothing worse than being stuck in your career, especially in sales. We know that and want to give you the chance to climb up the ladder as fast as possible. How fast ?
Come to our Sales Leadership Programme Hiring event and find out !
Our program is unique, because it is not about locking you in one job that fits our business needs. It’s about supporting and enabling you to choose a career that you are passionate about - whether it is becoming a first time manager, or a super nerd in your field. And btw - you can also jump on the train if you already have experience - you would just skip a step for example.
So, what's Pleo? It's the business spending solution for smart businesses, of all shapes and sizes.
We are one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Europe (actually, the “Nordic Startup of the Year” to be exact), with an HQ in Copenhagen and offices in London, Stockholm, Berlin ... and a few more along the way.
We recently bagged a $56 million dollar Series B round. We don’t say that to inflate our egos, only to highlight that we are onto something big in our aim to remove friction in business spending and unlock the future of work.
Come join us !!!!
For more information on the program and upcoming hiring events: https://www.pleoleaders.com/
The skills you need
- Native-level fluency in German
- Ambition - lots of it
- Optimistic leadership - the ability to trust in the rest of the team and bring out the best in them
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine and flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with.
- Desire to challenge customers to thinking in new & different ways. You dare to stand up for what you believe in and argue for your vision.
- Strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯).
- An entrepreneurial mindset and interest in macro trends & innovation
- Great communication skills
- Time management
- Humility. You ask "How can I create and build more value here?" rather than "What's in it for me?"
- Ability to work in a high energy sales environment 🔥
Your colleagues say you
- Are a team player - we have no room for sharp elbows or politics in our sales teams
- Share knowledge and ask for feedback all the time
- Would never let them win a table tennis match on purpose
- Have a winner mentality but would never walk over people
- Take every mistake as an opportunity to grow
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- Don't need to be told twice to get things done
- Take on challenges and are optimistic
- Were always going to make her proud (moms)
- always found a way to convince her of your ideas
- have taught her how to use Whatsapp
- tried to negotiate your pocket money all the time
Who you are
- You are ambitious and driven by challenges
- You are a people person and can connect with others easily
- You are a great communicator and find the right words in difficult situations
- You know the importance of listening in a productive conversation
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and love learning new things
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- 25 days holiday per year
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was Berlin in June this year, including a drag queen show (we went authentic-Berlin), here's a sneak peak to give you an idea https://youtu.be/Ooy0JCJzNzc
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance, whether our office is in Copenhagen or not.
Sometimes, people write nice things about us
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/pleo.io
Or check out TechCrunch's latest article on Pleo here:
What am I in for?
We're pretty transparent about how we hire, you can read all about it here:
Also, always check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear it from other people: https://glassdoor.com/Reviews/Pleo-Reviews-E1518165.htm