2020507 - Frontend Developer
Marketing – API /
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers with confidence.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe, including IBM, Workday, Wolters Kluver, Zomato, Yahoo, and Splunk, rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications on a global scale. Plivo becomes a reliable communications platform with its Premium Communications Network that spans 190+ countries.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 300 employees remotely across the US, India, and Europe. Plivo was a part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past 7+ years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which has a market size of USD 12.5 billion in 2022. It is projected to reach USD 45.3 billion over the next five years.
Plivo is a people-centric organization with a culture of ownership. We offer industry-leading compensation and benefits, including excellent healthcare coverage, to our employees.
Are you eager to help shape and grow the way companies leverage cloud-based communication to deliver more delightful customer experiences?
We are seeking a Frontend developer, who will oversee the development of Plivo.com. This person will be instrumental in helping us elevate the experience of our most important marketing asset, our website.
Role & Responsibilities
- We are growing fast and need someone to join our marketing team to play a crucial role in growing our online presence through web design and development. This is a hands-on position and perfect for someone who loves producing high-quality web assets. As an enterprise company, cohesively designed web assets are a catalyst for our digital marketing strategy, which directly impacts our company growth
- This role will be fast-paced. A willingness to learn and gain a deep understanding of our website, products, and target customers will be keys to success at Plivo. You should also share our passion for solving problems for users, and strive to create well coded and elegant web pages for our customers to consume
- Help improve the overall experience of our marketing website by improving the quality of the frontend features.
- Develop new features, webpages, animations and designs as shared by the design team
- Build reusable and responsive components and libraries for future use
- Plan, create and develop end presentation layers for digital properties including websites, landing pages, and microsites in accordance with leading software and graphic design principles
- Test the effectiveness, quality, and search engine optimization of the designed solutions
- Take the lead on redesigning Plivo’s websites to deliver clear brand messages and polished user experience
- Establish and document development standards and common components for use across all company web assets
- Conduct website user research and evaluate user feedback using tools like Hotjar, Google Optimize, and Google Analytics
- Handle multiple projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Help identify areas of improvements in the codebase and contribute to make it better
- Help in planning sprints and complete prioritized issues from the issue tracker
- Quickly able to convert wireframes into live HTML web pages utilizing the modern browser capabilities
- An online portfolio or samples of work is required
- Engineering or related degree in web design or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a front-end developer or related position designing web-based assets
- Must have basic understanding of Static Site Generators like Jekyll and Hugo
- Knowledge of Version Control/Git and Browser Developer Tools
- Hands-on experience with REST APIs and manipulating the data received from them
- Basic knowledge on Figma, Zeplin and be able to interpret the designs properly from these tools
- Full proficiency with software and front-end design principles and ability to communicate simple and user-friendly web designs through prototyping and wireframing tools is a must
- Up to date with web development trends, best practices, and tools/techniques
- Write clean, high-quality, and scalable code that complies with Industry Standards
- Prefer understanding of marketing concepts such as conversion, analytics, A/B testing, lead generation, buyer journeys, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Knowledge of best practices in areas like accessibility and security
- Knowledge on d3, nodeJS, knockout.js and ReactJS are a plus
- Inbound marketing softwares like Hubspot, Zapier, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Heap
- Knowledge on Jenkins, Netlify and AWS S3 for deployments
- Knowledge on React based SSGs - Gatsby, NextJS
Perks & Benefits
- Remote First Culture.
- Home office Infra Allowance.
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits.
- Premium Healthcare/Wellness benefits for Employee and Family.
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Generous vacation policy leading to great work life balance.