Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA
Plum is looking for an exceptional Senior Data Scientist. The ideal candidate will have several years experience as a data scientist and a Masters or PhD in Statistics or related field, and will take part in building solutions using advanced analytics and statistical modeling techniques, using Python, SQL and other data manipulation tools . You will work to recognize patterns and integrate your solutions and techniques into our products and our processes. You will have a high degree of authority and autonomy, manage multiple high-priority tasks in a timely manner, and collaborate across the business. A successful Data Scientist at Plum needs to be innovative, detail-oriented, team-focused, strategic and effective in new and changing environments.
We are looking for the candidate to start immediately.
**Local candidates preferred**
**At this moment we are not sponsoring individuals for employment visas**
**Women and minorities encouraged to apply**
- Leverage external data sources to support customer acquisition and retention effort
- Track behavioral and demographic trends across customer segments to grow our member base
- Utilize natural language processing algorithms to create insights from raw data
- Develop deep learning and other suitable machine learning models to predict insights from conversational data
- Apply data mining and machine learning techniques to large structured and unstructured datasets
- Partner with various business functions (sales, marketing, commercial real estate, etc.) to formulate and define challenges, solve problems, and identify opportunities
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics or a related technical field
- 3+ years industry experience in data-science
- Deep understanding of ML techniques such as: classification, clustering, deep learning, optimization methods, supervised and unsupervised techniques
- Experience with performing data analysis using Python (numpy, pandas, etc.)
- Advanced data manipulation skills (SQL, NoSQL, Fuzzy matching, Web Scraping, Text Mining)
- Experience with data visualization and strong design sensibilities
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a concise and actionable manner
- An entrepreneurial spirit as well as passion for solving difficult challenges through innovation and creativity, with a strong focus on results
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate in a team
- Eager to produce results and drive forward progress while managing deadlines
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Linux and Amazon Web Services
- Experience in working with data technologies such as Spark, Mahout, MongoDB, etc.
- Advanced skills in R, Java, Scala
- Knowledge of Graph database
- Experience with finance technology/analytics and commercial real estate
- Early equity in a startup that is revolutionizing commercial real estate lending
- Competitive package of base pay and stock options
- Generous health, dental and vision coverage for employees and family members, along with commuter pre-tax program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the disruption of an industry and to shape the building of a company and culture
- Chance for your direct input to be realized and put into action
- Freedom to stretch the boundaries of your past work experience, learn skills outside of your immediate job description and grow your career
- Autonomy, flexibility and a flat corporate structure
Plum is a next generation financial technology company using data science and artificial intelligence to reimagine the $4 trillion U.S. commercial real estate market. Our goal is to transform the entire lending process and experience, cutting the time, difficulty and cost for lenders and borrowers.
The team includes former senior leaders and talent from AIG, Goldman Sachs, KKR, McKinsey, PWC, Sony, and Wells Fargo. We have extensive experience with CRE sourcing, underwriting and funding processes, as well as deep networks of institutional financing channels. Our founder and CEO, Bill Fisher, has decades of experience building successful startup businesses including GetSmart.com, Xing and Trivago.
In April 2018, Plum announced a Series B equity investment by the $35 billion hedge fund, Elliott Management. Plum’s Series A round in August 2015 was led by Renren Inc, who has backed other fintech companies including SoFi, LendingHome and Motif Investing. This followed an earlier seed investment by QED Investors, a pre-eminent VC firm led by the founders of Capital One, whose portfolio includes Prosper, Orchard and ApplePie Capital.
We are located in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District in an airy, industrial loft, close to all forms of public transportation.
***Women and minorities encouraged to apply***
Hiring Locally to work in our San Francisco Office