Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Remote)
San Francisco /
Do you like to move fast and solve big problems?
Do you care about democratizing data?
How about balancing the global distribution of wealth?
At Pngme, we believe everyone deserves equal access to finance. We’re opening the capital market to the 3.3 billion people worldwide who to-date have been locked out from traditional finance. Who are our customers? Banks, Fintechs and Credit Bureaus use our platform to design new financial products for this enormous new customer segment. We do this by finding innovative ways to gather, structure, present and analyse user information -- for instance, creating synthetic credit scores based on a user’s bill-pay and peer-to-peer finance transactions.
We are a remote-first company, with offices in San Francisco, Lagos, and Nairobi. We invest heavily in our employees and pride ourselves on our inclusive culture and ongoing professional development that focuses on finding your 'perfect fit'. We are backed by Radical Ventures, Unshackled Ventures, Lateral Capital, Echo VC, as well as the inventor of Amazon Alexa and other renowned investors. We have team members and advisors from PayPal Ventures, Branch International, Juvo, and Layer6.
About The TeamThe Product Engineering team is a core pillar of technology at Pngme, alongside Data Platform and Data Science. The Product Engineering team is responsible for building Pngme’s customer facing technology: the React webapp client console, the Android SDK, and all the backend services backing both. The Product Engineering team is also responsible for Pngme’s management of Identity, Permission and Access. This responsibility spans both the clients using the web console, as well as the thousands (soon to be millions) of mobile devices in Pngme’s ecosystem. Members of the Product Engineering team hail from many walks of life, but share a common love for user-centric design, lean engineering and quality-of-service.
Who are you?
You love customers! And you love engineering for customers. You are an experienced & skilled software engineer that has designed, deployed and maintained customer-facing systems that have pleased thousands of users. You are a go-getter with excellent self-management skills. When you see a problem, you fix it. When you’re blocked, you find a way to get unblocked. You can scope an open-ended problem, ask the right questions, share your ideas, navigate tradeoffs, and execute with momentum. Given a complicated problem, you always find the simplest solution. You’re a team player, a leader, and an exceptional communicator who can excel in a hybrid in-office/remote team.
You’re customer-obsessed, and know what it means to have users know, trust and love you. You’re excited to work with a stellar team of lovely, talented and empathetic colleagues in an environment of trust and respect. You hold high expectations, and you’ll do your part to make technology at PngMe a blueprint for engineering excellence.
- Work within the Product Engineering team to design the ontology, models and systems to support Identity management, Authn’z and RBAC commensurate with the expectations of enterprise-grade products
- Continuously deliver capabilities, features & optimal experiences via Pngme’s web console
- Work with Product to translate product-requirements into engineering reqs, and identify the fastest, leanest way to deliver joy to our customers
- Work with the Data Platform to scope & serve up Pngme’s data products via Pngme’s internal and external APIs
- Be a strong voice in product design and work-planning conversations.
- Be a thought leader, and finding you perfect fit in the company through our team culture program.
- Drive engineering excellence - promote and introduce best practices within the team
- Evaluate customer use cases from a technical and data-driven perspective
- Degree in computer science or engineering, with 5+ years of industry experience
- Extensive experience with building complex webapps and data rendering/visualization (React)
- Extensive experience in setting up and managing Identity systems: including Auth, user-models, permissions and access-control patterns
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining webapps and cloud-native (AWS, GCP…)
- Extensive experience designing and deploying backend services to support webapp and customer-facing clients (Node, typescript)
- Familiar with idiomatic REST design patterns
- Familiar with design patterns for contract-driven design, service-oriented architecture, etc..
- Familiar with a range of database and data storage technologies (PostgreSQL, dynamoDB, MongoDB), with an emphasis on experience in relational modelling
- Strong relational data modelling skills & ability to analyze access patterns and optimize table defs
- Experience working on applications with sensitive personally identifiable information (PII), and familiarity with encryption, design-for-privacy and data protection
- Mission driven company with a focus on building a happy and healthy work culture
- Flexible work policy from our global offices (when open) or remote
- Innovative engineering and product culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a company priority
- Founder-led company
- Inclusive stock option plans
- Competitive compensation and 401k option
- Comprehensive benefits (including 100% healthcare, dental, and vision)
- Additional benefits include home office reimbursements
Salary Range: $150,000 - $180,000