Business Manager | Sales Lead - Nairobi, Kenya
Pngme offers unified financial data for 3.3 billion people.
At Pngme, we believe everyone deserves equal access to finance. Our platform enables this by making the process of collecting, analyzing, and using financial data by financial institutions frictionless and simple. Banks, Fintechs, and Credit Bureaus use our platform to create innovative financial products for underserved people. Pngme is on a mission to give ownership of data back to people, thereby giving equal access to finance and enabling wealth creation for billions of people.
We invest heavily in our employees and pride ourselves on our inclusive culture and ongoing professional development. We are backed by Radical Ventures, Unshackled Ventures, Lateral Capital, Echo VC, as well as the inventor of Amazon Alexa and other renowned investors. We have team members and advisors from PayPal Ventures, Branch International, Juvo, and Layer6.
About the role:
Our Enterprise Sales and Customer Success team are pivotal to ensuring our product is well positioned to create and capture value in our markets. Our team strives to deliver on this value through best in class customer and partner relationships management. To deliver a successful partnership, we need to ensure that we thoroughly understand a potential partner's goals and strategic objectives, map the decision making and financial life cycle of a partner, demonstrate and communicate commercial value to senior stakeholders and decision makers, and drive critical relationships with accounts stakeholders to close, maintain, and renew contracts.
At Pngme we consider each engagement to be a long-term mutually beneficial partnership opportunity - requiring the highest standard of professionalism. Our customers and partners are global, regional, and local leaders in financial inclusion, financial services, financial technology, consumer credit, risk and data analytics, who are looking to grow into the next era of open financial data technology.
As a Business Manager you will:
● Work with Pngme’s growth team to collaboratively establish prioritization and qualification criteria for potential customers based on Pngme’s core value proposition.
● Become a subject matter expert in Pngme’s value proposition, and identify high value use cases for Pngme’s solution within the Kenyan and East African market.
● Source and qualify partnership opportunities by developing a deep understanding of a clients strategic priorities and business objectives.
● Adopt, implement, and build account management and sales processes in collaboration with the Sales Operations Team in order to scale Pngme’s presence in East Africa
● Coordinate with Technical Implementation Managers to develop commercial proposals with input from the Account stakeholders to communicate the value of Pngme’s solution. Draft project plans and negotiate contracts with value based terms for clients and financially scaleable terms for Pngme.
● Develop a year on year plan on Accounts for up-selling Pngme’s Services and renewing contracts
● Liaise with Finance, Sales Operations, and Management team members in order to develop innovative and efficient solutions to overcome implementation challenges for clients.
● Business Relationship Owner: Build coalition of support (Data Teams and Business) with the Customer. Define specific business outcomes that align with the customers strategy.
● Facilitate the delivery of project evaluations to demonstrate the value that Pngme has provided to the client effectively to be used for future sales collateral and up-selling.
● Develop Pngme’s East Africa growth strategy.
We’re looking for candidates with:
● 5+ years sales or customer success experience managing relationships with executives at enterprise accounts
● Experience in the financial services industry and fluency in business case modeling, and communicating business value is an asset.
● Track record of building deep relationships with senior execs in large or highly strategic accounts
● Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and verbal communications skills. Ability to successfully communicate with contacts via the phone, email, video and presentations.
● Passion for Data and connect the Dots on PngMe products and Customer Strategic direction
You Might be a good fit if you:
● Have strong analytical, time management, organizational, project management and leadership skills.
● Enjoy working with distributed teams across geographies, time zones and cultures.
● Have excellent team working, motivational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
● Have a demonstrated interest in global capital markets, financial inclusion and financial technology.
● Thrive in environments with ambiguity and get excited about building solutions for big challenges.
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 usd