Lead Game Developer [Remote]
San Francisco, CA /
About Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds is a mobile gaming company that focuses on the power of games to connect people. We build deep, rich games that are social by design and last for decades. Our first game, Highrise, is a creative virtual world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top gaming companies.
About the Role
Are you passionate about building amazing games? Do you want to build modern mobile MMOs that are loved by millions of people? Join our fast growing team at Pocket Worlds!
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Game developer with experience shipping polished production games. The perfect candidate will be well versed in C++ and game development, and be comfortable jumping straight into a production game with millions of users.
Extra bonus points if you're involved in the open source community or have built a massively successful game in the past!
This role, along with our entire company, is remote.
The compensation for this role will be $60-$80k USD with meaningful equity depending on qualifications.
As Senior Mobile Game Developer you will:
- Own the game engine and core of Highrise - used by 5 million users and growing
- Work on our next gen projects and game engine
- Make improvements to our market leading avatar system
- Build new game features in Cocos2dx
- Work alongside our iOS, Android, and backend developers
- Contribute to ideas and design for new features
- Work in a remote team (be any where in the world)
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to...
- Have minimum of 5 years of game dev experience
- Have experience publishing high quality mobile games
- Be familiar with other leading game engines like Cocos2d and Unity
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in english at a native speaking and writing level
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
Within 3 months you'll...
- Be able to contribute new features as well as maintain existing code
- Architect new features on your own
- Contribute core features and changes to our app with millions of users
- Design brand new features with the help of other team members
Within 6 months you'll...
- Own the Highrise game engine
- Contribute to the direction of Highrise, both in terms of product and technical
- Help us design and build our next game
- Assist other team members to work with the game engine
- Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
- Competitive salaries and significant equity.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important - we encourage you to take the time you need.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.