About Pocket Worlds
We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
We are growing and looking for a skilled and enthusiastic artist with some (or a lot of!) experience with games and/or visual development for animation to work across a variety of art tasks.
Our imagery is fun, colorful and energetic, but also quirky, lighthearted and friendly. We are looking for someone with a distinct style that matches with our brand image, and can push our brand image to its limits.
This role, along with our entire company, is fully remote.
As Game Artist, you will...:
- Create various 2D game assets such as clothing, avatar cosmetics, props, furniture, and isometric environments from concept to final polished vector and implementation
- Design icons and create illustrations for in-game events and promotions
- Brainstorm ideas with the team for new content releases
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to…:
- Be comfortable working with Adobe Illustrator
- Have a strong foundation in drawing, anatomy, perspective, and color
- Learn and adapt to an existing art style
- Have an interest in fashion, modern trends, and pop culture
- Be comfortable working on a variety of topics and themes - cute, trendy, scary, quirky, fantasy, sci-fi, and everything in between
- Spend time to understand the Highrise community
- Communicate effectively in a fully remote working environment
- Know how to give and take constructive feedback
- Be fluent in both spoken and written English
Within 3 months, you'll…:
- Learn to work within the technical constraints of our system
- Create new avatar clothing, hair, and cosmetics from start to finish
Within 6 months, you'll...:
- Create a wide range of assets for new content releases; avatar clothing/cosmetics, props, furniture, environments, icons, etc.
- Become familiar with our huge library of 10,000+ items
- Be involved in brainstorming and planning ideas for future content releases
- Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
- Competitive salaries and significant equity.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important - we encourage you to take the time you need.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.