Who We Are
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
We are looking for a talented and experienced graphic designer with a strong background in illustration. You will be responsible for creating in-app promotional material and social media content using our product’s avatars. You will need to have a strong understanding of graphic design and vector illustration in order to create posts that are both visually appealing and accurate to our product.
As our Graphic Designer you will:
- Develop graphics for product promotion, in-app releases, in-app posts, websites, social media outlets, in-app branding, print, and internal projects.
- Create social media content.
- Be proactive in generating and suggesting creative ideas to improve the look and feel of the brand.
- Understand current design trends and utilise them in your designs.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for hitting deadlines of graphic design productions.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
- A strong portfolio that showcases your vector illustration and graphic design skills.
- Experience with video editing is a plus!
- A background in character art is a plus!
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Learn the style and branding of our products and how to apply it.
- Create content for Live Ops needs including event UI, sales art, and in-game posts.
- Develop a system of templates and styles to reapply to efficiently produce content.
- Develop an organisation for keeping track of demand and output of content.
- Execute projects as needed from other departments.
What its Really Like to Work Here
We are a global team of nearly 100 people right now and rapidly growing. We feel a sense of ownership over our work and take great pride in what we do. We are not afraid to make, and most importantly, admit our mistakes — that allows us to show up authentically and build relationships of trust across the board. We are the scrappy kind, so we try to do more with less, and we love that! If you were to ask our team to describe our culture, they would probably say we are a passionate group of peeps trying to impact the next revolution of the internet.
Dream big, then make it real.
Be an owner, make a difference.
Build with humility.
Fast is better than slow.
Keep it scrappy.
Always be learning.
Read more about our values here.