Business Development Manager [Remote]
About Pocket Worlds
Our mission is to make the metaverse a reality and our vision is a decentralized virtual world built and owned by its citizens.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 17 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade digital assets in our metaverse, and this has all flourished despite the constraints of Web 2.0.
This was only the first chapter in our story, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with Web3 and Highrise World.
About This Role
Highrise World allows anyone to build their own web3-enabled virtual world server. Highrise owners can customize the look and feel of their servers, set their own rules and govern their citizens, release custom clothing and furniture, set up their own events and experiences, and invite others to set up rooms in their Highrise. This will enable Highrise owners to earn an income by selling virtual goods and cultivating community. These servers can be bought and sold as Highrise Land NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain. We envision a world where every brand or community has a Reddit, a Discord... and a Highrise.
We are hiring our first Business Development Manager (Lead), who will help drive the growth of the Highrise Land economy across the Web3 / blockchain ecosystem. You will develop and manage our strategic partnerships with companies, brands, and communities that seek to have their own monetizable communities in the Highrise World.
As Business Development Manager, you will...
- Evaluate, negotiate, and close key deals with brands, communities and companies that develop on Highrise Land.
- Build and manage a strong network of partners, clients, agencies, brands, influencers, third-party vendors, and organizations.
- Work with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, legal, marketing, and other internal teams) and act as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze market trends and make strategic recommendations within Web3, Crypto, and NFTs.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to …
- Have 5+ years in Partnerships/Business Development/Sales/Account Management or similar roles at a high-growth technology company.
- Have experience analyzing data and deriving actionable business insights.
- Have experience learning and adapting quickly to new technology.
- Have a proven track record of doing strategic business development deals from start to finish, including the legal aspects of negotiations.
- Be driven and results-oriented but humble and self-aware.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills in English at a native speaking and writing level.
- Be passionate about crypto and have a deep understanding of NFTS, tokenomics, and blockchain networks.
Within 3 months, you'll…
- Understand the mechanics behind Highrise Land and the tooling we are building for Highrise owners to engage and grow their communities.
- Compile a list of prospective strategic partners who would build on Highrise Land.
- Reach out to prospective partners and introduce them to Highrise Land.
- Negotiate key deals and terms around building on Highrise Land.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Develop a token distribution strategy to grow the Highrise ecosystem, tying the performance of towers and experiences on Highrise Land with milestone token payouts.
- Continue to bring key players into the Highrise World ecosystem.
- Work with existing partners to help develop experience in their Highrises.
Our goal is to define the future of the metaverse with the product we build, and to grow from tens of millions to billions of users in the process.
Join us on this journey and together we will build something incredible.