Intermediate Software Engineer
Remote, USA /
PointClickCare – Engineering Application & Development /
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Meet the Role:
As an Intermediate (Software) Full-Stack Engineer, you will turn great ideas into code and then turn that code into groundbreaking and beautiful applications, while working across a diverse set of problems and technologies. You will work in a dynamic, cross-functional scrum team to implement new features and core services in the PointClickCare platform. These solutions can be a cocktail of apps, services, frameworks, and maybe some pixie dust.
· You will help architect, design and build high-quality software, as well as work with the business to iterate over software requirements.
· You will automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting. As always - clean, efficient code is a must!
· You will collaborate cross-functionally with other Engineers, and business analysts to specify, design, develop, test, and implement software. They’re all great people to work with. Trust me.
· You will perform validation/verification testing in a test-driven manner (TDD).
· You will refactor, optimize, and improve the PointClickCare platform used by our customers in the senior care industry.
· You are able to contribute to the full lifecycle of a product, from requirements to the operation of the system.
· Time permitting, debate Star Wars versus Star Trek.
· You have experience writing clean code that performs well at scale using languages like Java, Kotlin, C#, and Go.
· We really like candidates who understand relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL - just to name a couple.
· You have solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints, and experience with UI Development and frameworks like Vue.js, React, and Angular.
· You also have experience using system and performance monitoring tools like New Relic or DataDog.
· You absolutely love TDD and have working knowledge of it and are also proficient in GIT.
· You are experienced in automation testing frameworks (ie. Selenium, Cyppress, & RestAssured).
· You are a self-starter, and love to think on your feet to deliver results – you have an analytical mindset with a problem-solving aptitude.
· You have a desire to maintain a high-bar, not only for yourself, but also for your team around you.
· For the education requirements, we’re looking to hire someone with a Degree or Diploma in Computer/Software Engineering, but relevant experience works too!
Bonus Points if you have:
· Experience with Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Istio, & Jenkins CI/CD pipeline
· Linux and IP networking knowledge
· Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services or equivalent
· Experience with SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect
· Experience working on a SaaS product.
· Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
· Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Bash or Groovy
· On-call experience with production grade systems
· Mentored others in a professional setting
Grow With Us:
· Let’s start by mentioning that in the last year, company-wide, there were over 160 employees who have moved into a new role.
· Many of our open jobs in Engineering are filled with internal employees. A Sr. SW Engineer will typically progress to a Principal Engineer, Architect or Manager. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
· We’re huge on professional development, and so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course being offered.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.