Senior MDM (master data management) Engineer
PointClickCare – Operations Management /
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior MDM Engineer on the MDM team, you’ll be designing and delivering MDM solutions for state and federal government, private healthcare systems, and health information exchanges to enable secure, reliable, and connected healthcare. This individual should have the ability to quickly earn the trust of key internal and external stakeholders, lead and inspire teams, guide project direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with honesty and grace, and occasionally execute with limited information and ambiguity.
· Deliver all functional aspects of an MDM implementation – installation, configuration, and deployment
· Develop & Enhance Cloud (AWS) Native Multi-tenant MDM Setup
· Analyze and resolve technical and configuration issues
· Write complex queries and perform data profiling and analysis using tools like Excel, Python, or other similar tools
· Work with databases such as MS SQL, Oracle, or DB2, and proficiently write DML, DDL, Stored Procedures, and Joins
· Write scripts and applications in programming languages like Core Java, Python, and Shell Script
· Helps define the overall MDM solution, informs delivery guidelines, contributes to designs and overall compliance to defined solution
· Brings Industry and Domain Best Practices and Methodologies in Master Data Management
· Guides client’s business and technology teams to develop strategies for Master Data Management implementation, governance, roll outs, etc.
· Supports the creation of the data model and the UI definition using IBM Infosphere Master Data Management
· Lead and contribute to: internal, partner and customer training; testing for the impact assessment of solution functionality; performance optimization; solution reviews (both internally and for partners); validating the design and implementation of the overall infrastructure and performing the build and maintenance of the environments
· Mentor and develop junior team members
· Participate in business development efforts, including contributing to proposals and interacting with potential customers and partners
· Become a subject matter expert in one or more of the products and services provided by Audacious Inquiry to our customers and have a strong understanding of applications and use cases for others
What you’ll need:
· 6+ years of relevant professional experience, including:
o Experience with large and complex data management projects
o Hands-on experience with IBM Infosphere Master Data Management (Standard Edition) or other MDM tool
o Experience delivering IT Services and/or Consulting projects within a consulting organization to multiple clients
o Database engineering experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DB or IBM DB2 and proficient in writing complex queries
o Experience in software development with Core Java, Python , Shell Script or any other programming language
o Knowledge of data profiling and analysis
o Scripting in Unix or a Windows environment
o Development experience supporting COTS product offerings, especially IBM products.
· Intermediate experience in cloud technologies, with familiarity in AWS or Azure
· Familiarity with software development methodologies like SDLC and Agile, and tools like JIRA and Confluence
· Familiarity with ETL tools like IBM Data Stage
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Ability to effectively relate technical concepts to non-technical audience and requirements to technical teams
· Occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, and evening/weekend hours to meet deadlines
· Good to have experience in DevOps, CI/CD integration, data modeling and mining, large-scale enterprise MDM implementation, HL7 messaging standard (version 2.x and CDA) & IHE profiles (PIX, PDQ, & XCPD), enterprise application development in Java, EJB, Springboot, and migrations from on-premise to cloud.
· Occasional travel may be required
· Ability to work independently and maintain high quality of work products with little supervision
$140,000 - $152,000 a year
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.