Intermediate Business Intelligence Developer
Mississauga, Ontario /
Corporate Technology Solutions /
PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. We believe work is much more meaningful when you're doing it with a higher purpose. For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
Meet the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, the Intermediate Business Intelligence Developer plays an important role as a supporting member of the Business Intelligence department and the broader employee base of PointClickCare. Customer service and a positive, supportive personality are essential to the success of this role. In addition, you will bring expertise in ETL design and development, and data analysis using T-SQL, SSIS and Azure Data Factory, combined with in depth knowledge of core concepts of data warehouse and Microsoft BI reporting and analytics tools.
- Collaborating with end users responsible for identifying business needs, translating those into analytics/reporting requirements, and interfacing with company and clients to ensure successful delivery of client reporting
- Responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual. processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Supporting the existing Business Intelligence environment by providing Tier 2 support for troubleshooting data load and ETL related issues.
- Developing new BI services offerings, content creation, value propositions, revenue/expense projections and technology approach
- Designs, prototypes, codes and tests new or enhanced SQL queries
- Performs customer support processes and activities for the implementation of new or existing applications
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of application operations and troubleshoots problems, as necessary
- Preliminary research and investigation of software and evaluating new products and services to judge their suitability for use
- Guiding process design and implementation in departments external to Business Intelligence group
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Staying current with industry trends for Business Intelligence
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Administration of scheduled tasks.
- Creating and deploying reports.
- Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- University degree or College diploma
- Requires in-depth knowledge of core concepts of data warehouse and Microsoft Business Intelligence reporting and analytics
- Highly proficient in T-SQL script development using stored procedures, reading execution plans, tuning indexes and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks
- Highly proficient with SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SSMS & Visual Studio or Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, C#, Python, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure PowerShell is required
- Expertise and seasoned experience in general database development using SQL Server
- Seasoned experience in MS Power BI, MicroStrategy, or extended experience with a similar BI platform
- Expertise working with ERP solutions (preferably NetSuite) & Salesforce
- Strong knowledge of Workflow design and implementation
- Exposure in ETL and Data Integration, Data Profiling, Data Modeling
- Proficient in Scripting and Automation
- Experience composing project documentation (e.g., high level use cases, detailed business specifications)
- Translating business needs into creative technical requirements
- Collaborating across multiple internal teams
- Demonstrating organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong ability to analyze data and identify data quality issues
- Problem solving, analytical and communication abilities.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problem
- Strong written and verbal communication
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.