Senior Product Designer
Design & Product /
Do you want to create the ultimate online playground?
At Poki, Play is how we learn. We're a team of 50 on a mission to create the ultimate online playground.
Every month, 50 million players come to us to play the best and latest free games, made with love, and for the web by our game developer community.
Our playground is growing, and to bring our product to the next level, we are looking for a Senior Product Designer.
What this job is about:
As our Senior Product Designer, you will help us shape and evolve our playground, a digital product that every day brings joy to millions of players around the world.
Your focus will be on the player side of our platform, where you'll design fun, inspiring, high-performance experiences that help players discover, play, and connect with games they love. You’ll do so working in our UX and Design team, reporting to our UX Lead, while collaborating with a diverse, talented group of designers, developers and analysts.
This role’s primary focus will be a mobile-first redesign of our playground experience, making discovery and play on web a seamless, up-to-date experience across devices.
Your challenge as a Product Designer:
- 🚀 Rethink the critical journey for mobile. Analyze the player’s journey to pinpoint opportunities to improve the mobile experience, express Poki’s design values across critical moments, and take discovery and play on web to the next level.
- 💡 Drive discovery. You take the initiative to explore and define the opportunities that matter most, and connect with stakeholders and end-users to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges you work on. You continuously explore and iterate on concepts, and are curious to use quantitative and qualitative tools to validate those concepts early and often.
- 💭 Deliver excellence. You turn validated concepts and lo-fi prototypes into polished, pixel-perfect designs working towards a smooth handover to our front-end developers. You take pride in delivering work that is functional, scalable, and beautiful. You critically test your work by hand through usability testing, and by quantitatively evaluating user satisfaction using our Poki Promotor Score.
- 📝 Strategic impact. You are curious to understand how your work on the player side of our platform impacts the company’s strategic objectives, and the platform as a whole. You connect the dots between user needs, business input and strategic context to create long-term impact and unlock avenues for future growth.
- 🎨 Design system. You help develop, maintain and continuously improve our design system, and product design guidelines. You ensure consistency between touchpoints, while making the creation of features and collaboration with developers a smooth process
- Have 5+ years of experience shipping digital products - experience designing for web and for mobile is a plus.
- Have a background in UX and experience building and validating (lo-fi) prototypes.
- Are conceptually strong; you can envision concrete solutions for abstract problems.
- Have proven experience owning projects and driving them forward with a user-centered design process, taking briefings from lo-fi prototypes to high-fidelity visual designs, while working iteratively with developers, designers and business stakeholders.
- Are a strong communicator with the ability to precisely articulate ideas visually, written and verbally.
- Will bring an intrinsic motivation to take the lead in maintaining, and continuously improving our design system together with designers and developers; hands-on experience developing such a system is a plus.
- Are tech-savvy, interested in technical performance, and curious to learn about fundamental technological concepts such as WebGL, WebGPU, PWA, and GenAI
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience hosting design reviews/workshops
- Experience mentoring junior designers
Why Work at Poki?
- Direct impact on the experience of 50 million players and a community of 300+ game developers.
- Lots of responsibility and freedom, plus the chance to work together with a smart, diverse, and international, team (which includes talented hackers, experienced entrepreneurs, aspiring artists, and everything in between).
- Play is how we learn, and we believe that when you grow, we grow. We offer an annual training budget, and many members of our team have been with us since their internships and are now leading teams.
- The opportunity to dive into the inner workings of a multi-sided platform; the chance to broaden your knowledge/skills through interdisciplinary collaboration; freedom to experiment with exciting new technologies and the tools to explore petabytes of data
- The opportunity to represent Poki at international conferences like GDC or SXSW.
- A full-time position with a competitive salary, the opportunity to acquire stock through employee stock program, and a modern, hybrid workplace (we're remote-friendly, yet we'd like to see you in our office with some frequency.
Are you curious? Do you thrive in an environment of dynamic possibilities? You may well be our Senior Product Designer. So hit apply and let us know!