Senior Android Developer
San Jose, CA; Shenzhen, China; Beijing, China; Barcelona, Spain Or Remote
Polarr is looking for a Senior Android developer who're familiar with video processing as well as knowledge of Tensorflow to bring new interactive A.I. experiences to modern applications.
• Architected and built standalone apps with custom UI elements from scratch
• Worked with animation frameworks where you can smoothly animate elements and transform them following complex design requirements
• Implemented test driven design and accomplished high test coverage for applications you've written
• Dealt with low end device development where you optimized RAM performance and UI rendering frame rate
• Work on complex video and image processing apps with high memory footprint and CPU usage.
• Exploring and implementing AI related user features using CoreML and other AI frameworks
• Engineer video and image processing engines that help Polarr users make sophisticated visual effects
• Implement UI/UX design elements
• Experimenting with CoreML AI modules and integrating them with the application experience
• Optimizing app launch speed and performance for lower RAM and CPU usage and reducing crashes
• Considerate of how your code will interface with future versions of Android (forward's compatibility)
• Architecture first rather than jumping into writing implementation code
• Aware of the latest nuances of Android frameworks and understand how to make them backwards compatible with older devices
• Obsessed with the details, imperfections, no matter how small, are cause for concern
• User experience driven, the positive experience of the user plays a big part in what you do.
Take a look at To Prospective Team Members of Polarr, a short blog to help you understand our company, our values and more.
Benefits and perks: https://www.notion.so/polarr/Company-Perks-03664102040348dfa8da7c4c65deec6c
Our Mission: To enable and inspire everyone to make beautiful creations.
What is Polarr?:
Polarr is building the world’s largest knowledge base of visual effect, with a mission to enable and inspire everyone to make beautiful creations. Over the last 4 years, our company built a unique ecosystem of visual effects creators and developers such as Samsung, OPPO, Western Digital where millions of visual effects are shared and used every month.