Remote, USA /
Who You Are:
You have at least 10 years combined experience, including public accounting at a Big 4 firm and managing corporate accounting within the software industry. This experience has prepared you to lead the accounting function as Controller of a hyper growth B2B software company!
The opportunity to quickly scale a vertical B2B software business really excites you. You have your CPA license, experience leading a high performance team, and managing financial audits and corporate tax filings, and in general, you are curious, detailed and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today & let’s start the conversation!
What You’ll Do:
- Own the monthly financial close process and implement required processes and controls to achieve accurate, agile, and efficient financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and ASC 606
- Hire, train, and manage accounting team to build a best-in-class accounting organization
- Oversee all accounts receivable, payables, and payroll activities
- Own the accounting technology stack (ERP, payroll, invoicing, payments, etc.), including new implementations and ongoing process improvements
- Memorialize accounting policies, procedures, and controls; research technical accounting matters and stay current on GAAP developments
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations and collaborate with various business partners to identify areas of improvement
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations with legal support, e.g. monitoring state and local registrations for payroll and sales taxes
- Assist in development of financial projections and budgeting; manage expense approvals in accordance with budgeting
- Review contract language and payment terms for vendor relationships across the business
- Manage external service providers for accounting (audit), tax, insurance, and related services
- Administer cash investment strategy and implementation
- Participate in ad hoc and new initiatives as needed
What You Have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience is required, including (i) public accounting at a nationally recognized firm, and (ii) corporate accounting at high growth software businesses
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics is required
- CPA license is required
- Prior experience managing financial audit and corporate tax filings is required
- Prior working knowledge of NetSuite is preferred
Traits You Bring:
- Honesty, integrity, and accountability are paramount
- Team player with a positive attitude, effective at handling multiple competing priorities, and enthusiastic about building a quickly scaling vertical software business
- Expert understanding of, and experience applying, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in software businesses
- Adept at developing process-based solutioning in a dynamic environment
- Extremely detail-oriented, curious, and diligent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Join Polly?
- We are attacking a trillion-dollar market with gross inefficiencies and seeking to transform the way an entire industry operates
- We have an experienced leadership team that previously built large and impactful platforms
- Outstanding opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
- Direct engagement with the decision makers and senior business leaders
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental/disability/life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote environment
Polly was founded in 2019 by a seasoned team of technology and mortgage experts. We are transforming the mortgage industry by automating and streamlining the mortgage transaction lifecycle through data science and machine learning. Lenders and other mortgage stakeholders trust us to optimize performance by automating manual workflows, improving loan profitability, and yielding actionable insights through our next generation BI analytics layer. Polly is backed by prominent Silicon Valley venture firms including 8VC, Meritech, Menlo Ventures, Khosla, Base10, NYCA, Fifth Wall, and Conversion Capital.
Polly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, disability status, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.