3D Print Production Manager
Berkeley, CA /
polySpectra is an advanced materials company with the mission to transform 3D printers from a prototyping aid into a viable manufacturing technology. We see a world where every designer, inventor, and engineer can quickly and affordably make their ideas real with digital manufacturing. polySpectra has developed best-in-class polymers that enable rapid additive manufacturing of production parts across many verticals - including medical, aerospace, automotive, and consumer products.
The 3D Print Production Manager is responsible for managing the flow of AM parts printing from customer acquisition to print shipment. This role requires collaboration between Sales, R&D and Production departments to evaluate customer requirements and generate accurate quotations for on time delivery of quality parts.
- Evaluate customer requirements to best manage expectations for 3D Printed parts
- Analyze customer supplied 3D digital files for manufacturability
- Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Create digital files for printing starting with customer files and adding supports for optimal printing
- Manage the print queue and determine priority for print jobs
- Generate accurate and timely quotations for manufacturing parts
- Proactively collaborate with internal resources as necessary to answer questions customers may have regarding our process and our resins.
- Consistently evaluate for best practice and improvement opportunities for self, team, and company
- Comply with all company quality and safety standards
- Maintain printers and general laboratory for uninterrupted and efficient operation
- Knowledge of advanced graphical computer-aided AM design software
- Knowledge of AM hardware and workflows
- Production management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and prioritize your personal and the team’s workload
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a technical focus, or equivalent experience
polySpectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity in our workforce and recognize that inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.