Special Projects Lead
polySpectra is an advanced materials company with the mission to transform 3D printers from a prototyping aid into a viable manufacturing technology. We see a world where every designer, inventor, and engineer can quickly and affordably make their ideas real with digital manufacturing. polySpectra has developed best-in-class polymers that enable rapid additive manufacturing of production parts across many verticals - including medical, aerospace, automotive, and consumer products.
The Special Projects Lead will report directly to the CEO to oversee and execute diverse, interdisciplinary projects at polySpectra. This is a high-tempo project management role that will require excellent organizational and communication skills. Passion for building people systems is a must - the Special Projects Lead will manage teams including many organizations of varying size. This role is perfect for someone who thrives on bringing order to chaos. The Special Projects Lead must be outcome-oriented, persistent and in continuous pursuit of operational excellence. Because many of these projects are highly technical in nature, experience in chemicals, materials and/or hardware engineering is required.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Deliver high-quality results on time and on budget
- Report directly to the CEO to inform company strategy
- Manage teams of contractors for one-off projects
- Align internal polySpectra teams for cross-functional projects
- Communicate effectively with teammates
- Build sustainable people systems that can be transitioned to other parts of the organization once the project is complete
- Enthusiasm for learning, solving problems, and working in a team environment
- A track record of building teams to deliver results in a physical science, engineering or manufacturing environment
- Passion for manufacturing
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent, high-tempo communication skills
- Desire for excellence over convenience
- A degree in a physical science or engineering discipline
Preferred Prior Experience
- Hands-on experience in chemistry, materials science or hardware engineering
- A strong network in the manufacturing sector, both public and private
- Experience in additive manufacturing
polySpectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity in our workforce and recognize that inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.