Senior Rails Engineer
Remote (NYC) /
Polywork is building a new kind of professional social network. Whereas traditional professional networks focus on labelling you with just a job title, Polywork enables people to share what they actually do in a timeline.
Check out a quick read from our CEO and Founder, Peter Johnston, on Why We Started Polywork and see what our users are saying about us here!
- Collaborate, develop, and own world class web experiences
- Mentor, coach, and share knowledge with other team members and cross the engineering organization.
- Write dry code to create scalable solutions
- Scale our web app to thousands of users
- Participate in comprehensive code review
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Knowledge of ActiveRecord and general understanding of when and what to index
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming principles
- Understand and embrace the importance of test coverage / TDD
- Launched platforms / products at scale
- Experience with CI/CDStrong analytical skills
- Solid communication skills to communicate and collaborate with design and product
Nice to have:
- Protobuf experience
- Remote work
- Choose your own hardware setup
- Paid lunch on Friday's (even remote)
- Home Office Stipend
- Learning/Conference Stipend
- Competitive health, dental, & vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Unlimited PTO and Sick time - if you need time off, take it!
- Wellness Gym/Spa reimbursement
Join us as we strive to make the world more productive by connecting people to more possibilities.