UX Researcher / Architect
New York City
Pond5 is seeking a prolific and talented UX Researcher / Architect to join the product team and help build out the research and testing process. The UX Researcher / Architect will be indispensable in advocating for the user’s needs and creating an organized and intuitive structural site design.
Apply to become part of a rapidly changing environment that empowers more than 60,000 artists globally. Join a team obsessed with creating intuitive experiences for the end-user, and the desire to iterate and implement quickly. Candidates will collaborate across teams for consistent communication across multiple channels.
- Help lead how research is conducted and documented across the company and then work with teams to translate research into strategic design approaches for new and existing products
- Help assess existing site and system to evaluate usability, usefulness, visual design, content, and branding. Look for efficiency and evaluate what the user-experience is and where it might be improved
- Work with stakeholders and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods
- Analyse quantitative data to understand user behavior in order to inform design decisions
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Partner with UX Designers and Product Managers to package insights into assets such as: personas, experience maps, scenarios, etc., as appropriate
- Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement. Help develop scripts and screeners, moderate, analyze, synthesize and deliver results. (Experience with user recruitment is a plus)
- Identify user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups
- Plan information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings
- Organize information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists
- Help in planning and designing the information structure for the website
- Build low-fidelity wireframes. Experience using Invision and Sketch or Balsamiq is a big plus
- 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrate experience in creating interfaces, large-scale websites, and applications
- Understanding of user experience, web design and development processes, methods and principles
- Working knowledge of programming languages a big plus
- Experience developing or working with architectural concepts, strategies, roadmaps, reference architectures, architectural patterns, frameworks and principles
- Some experience with conducting interviews, facilitating group conversations, running surveys, orchestrating usability tests, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations
- Able to synthesize research and effectively communicate insights to teams large and small.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or other analytics tools
- You are organized, able to work independently, and flexible to switch rapidly between different projects
- Strong visualization skills with the ability to clearly communicate, in writing and orally
- Experience working closely with designers and developers a big plus
- Aware of current trends and new technologies in information architecture and design
- Must be: Collaborative, self motivated, passionate about what you do!
- International team of 160+ awesome people
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Generous 401K program
- Daily office lunches
- Health and dental insurance
- Equipment needed for work
- A fun team and fast paced environment
Pond5 is the world’s largest, most vibrant video-first content marketplace, providing filmmakers, creators, and producers of all kinds with the content, inspiration, and tools they need to improve their projects. As the only content marketplace that meaningfully shares licensing revenue with its contributing artists, Pond5 is driven by a commitment to its passionate and growing global community of more than 60,000 professional visual and audio creators, providing a platform where their creative work can flourish, and helping them to make a sustainable living. With groundbreaking features like visual search for video and integrations into all major video-editing software, Pond5 is innovating daily, making it easier to find and use the content that creatives need to bring their vision to life. Pond5 is a venture-backed company funded by Accel Partners and Stripes Group with offices in New York, Dublin, Prague, London, and LA.