Los Angeles / Remote /
Popdog – Engineering /
Popdog is a technology and services company focused on fixing core problems in the esports and live streaming industry. That means we're building tools meant to power the future of the space, and we're eager to find talented folks (like you!) to join us on this journey.
We've assembled a team of industry leaders, like Loaded, Noscope, and Catalyst Esports, to come together like never before to develop better ways to monetize and stabilize the industries we love. Many of our team were formative to the rise of esports and gaming, and now we're taking all that knowledge and experience to build things that can ensure a future for it.
Popdog is the brainchild of a team that poured decades of blood, sweat, and tears into ensuring video games are a real future for people around the globe. We work with every game publisher you can think of and brands like ADIDAS, Red Bull, HBO. If you want to be part of an imaginative, data-driven, and self-aware team that is going where no one has gone before, we are your future.
About Engineering at Popdog
Popdog engineering is a tight-knit, collaborative team that values clear communication, fast feedback, and high-quality code, among other things. If you want it quiet to get your work done, you've got it. When you need to ask a question, we're there for you. We want teammates who provide solid feedback to their peers, take the time to learn the tools and know the codebase so they're ready to make a quick fix when something breaks, and who look for ways to gather user feedback and data to help inform our product decisions. We’re creating the best possible experience for all gamers, all over the globe.
We value teammates that get excited about solving problems. So highly, in fact, that the ability to solve problems is more desirable to us than education or experience. We’re a diverse international team excited to see your contributions. We're building cool stuff. Get in here.
- Build and maintain tools, processes and documentation that make building, testing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining our services a joy.
- Own large pieces of our infrastructure such as databases or messaging queues.
- Work closely and collaborate with the whole team throughout the entire lifecycle of applications, from draft to launch.
- Be an active participant in our engineering culture. Reviewing code, living operational excellence, delivering quality code.
- Contribute to accountability via blameless, results-driven post-mortem processes.
- Be excellent to others.
- A relevant degree, academic background, or industry experience as an engineer working with infrastructure/devops.
- Strong AWS and Linux experience.
- Strong SQL/RDBMS experience, preferably Postgres.
- Experience in modern, service oriented system architecture.
- Broad knowledge of the full stack. You should be able to trace a problem through all layers of the system.
- Very good written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- The desire to grow both yourself and your team.
- Experience in Golang, Typescript and Ruby
- Open source contributions. We love open source and will contribute where we can.
- Experience with modern practices and technologies such as GraphQL, http/2, gRPC, Protobuf.
TL;DR - Are you a passionate person and an engineer? Please reach out to us! Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our office is in Santa Monica, CA, and we'd love it if you want to come work with us here. However, we are a remote-first team with engineers in multiple different locations and time zones so we are always open to applications from anyone anywhere in the world.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
401k plan with 4% company matching
Flexible work schedule
Popdog, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.