VP of Content Development, Loaded
Los Angeles, California /
Loaded – Content /
Loaded is the leading management firm for many of the world's biggest gaming content creators and influencers. Our company's roster attracts global media attention from the world's leading brands, including Netflix, Capitol Records, Pepsi, Universal Pictures, Samsung, Activision, and others who are looking to effectively and authentically engage with the gaming audience.
We're a no bs, fast-moving, creative company who seek people who are, first and foremost, interested in bettering the industry at large. We're authentically human, relentless, award-winning, and in this business to fight on behalf of those who've put their trust in us, no matter the arena.
If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Loaded is looking for a VP of Content Development to lead the strategy and execution of owned and partnered digital media content; from scribbles on napkins to final platform deployment.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the ideal candidate will be expected to evaluate new content opportunities, ideate and propose industry-relevant programming, and oversee the structure and negotiations for all digital and interactive partnerships. Preparing and executing contracts, financial planning and budgeting, and determining monetization strategies to amplify opportunities with other internal stakeholders, will all be expected of this role.
On any given day you might...
- Source new and emerging content opportunities in and adjacent to video gaming on digital and linear distribution channels.
- Lead the presentations of proposals to content platforms, including Netflix, Hulu, Twitch, Amazon Prime, and more.
- Create and execute business deals/contracts with major partners.
- Negotiate and execute content business deals and contracts with a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Establish the workflow for requesting, producing, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Lead our publisher and platform negotiation strategies.
- Support and collaborate on content marketing strategy, ensuring alignment across key stakeholders, initiatives, partnerships, and performance metrics.
- Review scripts and creative materials that are in production for brand integration opportunities, and work with the company’s Sales department to amplify their success.
- Assist in the development and execution of content strategies for brand partners that support and extend marketing initiatives, both short and long-term.
- Source and leverage market data to inform content development and programming strategies.
Ideally, you have...
- Multiple years of senior managerial-level experience in multichannel content creation and/or other related fields.
- A portfolio of content you’ve been involved in bringing to life, from conception to delivery, including insights into the monetization strategies deployed in support of them.
- A proven track record of growing an audience and driving engagement while meeting revenue goals.
- Deep knowledge of the digital/interactive media industry, including development and production processes; rolodex of known-good production partners is a plus.
- Experience with script, treatment, and production schedules.
- Experience negotiating complex licensing, co-production, and/or business development agreements for content.
- Experience successfully managing teams, vendors, and partners.
- The ability to partner, mentor, and motivate teams to produce high-quality content and meet core business goals.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Proven and effective collaboration and relationship-building skills.
You earn bonus points if you...
- Have a strong network of brands, production companies, studios, and distribution channels.
- Knowledge of Paid Media, OTT, Podcasts, Livestreaming, and AVOD/SVOD content platforms.
- Have prior experience working with influencers and creators.
- Actively participate in popular culture trends, technologies, and social media communities and subcultures.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
401k plan with 4% company matching
Flexible work schedule
Popdog, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status