Full-Time / Remote
We are Pop Together, a stealth start-up in quick commerce which has been growing rapidly in the last few months. With our 15-minute grocery deliveries, we are disrupting the grocery space, one of the biggest markets still in the hands of traditional players. We are a rapidly growing startup and are currently building an outstanding team with skilled members across all domains and backgrounds. We are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs. We focus on building a diverse and inclusive company culture and aim to become the leader in on-demand retail in the US. Come join us on this journey.
About the opportunity
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our agile and fast-paced team, who is eager to learn, loves automating things, and solves problems with team members.
We are looking for a hands-on DevOps Engineer who will:
· Design and implement cloud-based infrastructure for our app, and supporting microservices.
· Develop automated solutions to monitor and alert performance & stability in our cloud systems.
· Partner with engineers to envision, implement and improve the current deployment process and identify cross-project dependencies.
· Champion & implement CI/CD best practices as well as monitor for failures and enforce best practices.
· Help set standards for services and software to streamline test and release cycles and improve system maintenance.
· Constantly reviewing and updating our infrastructure to ensure we are scalable and handling end-user demand.
· Collaborate with the support team and engineers to troubleshoot production alerts and both address in the short term and prevent in the long term.
· Constantly update alert thresholds to help identify problems and reduce noise.
· Lead and coach the team on how to better monitor solutions to ensure we fully understand how features/systems are performing.
· Creating and modifying dashboards to show overall platform health.
· Ensure frameworks and dependencies are up to date and have correct open-source licenses.
· Participate in project planning meetings to share your point of view of system options, impact, risk, and costs vs. benefits. Communicate current operational requirements and development predictions.
· Organize and participate in on-call duties for production issues.
The ideal candidate should have;
- +5 years of experience in DevOps
- +3 years of experience with any industry-leading CI/CD
- Strong understanding of Information Technology operations, infrastructure, and application architecture principles
- Strong experience with observability tools, APM tools, and cloud monitoring tools
- Experience migrating between cloud providers and/or building multi-cloud environments
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team
- Exceptional English language skills in both speaking and writing.
- Exceptional planning and communication skills.