Head of Transaction Advisory Services
Chicago, IL /
Portage Point Partners /
Transaction Advisory Services
Portage Point Partners (“Portage Point”) is an interim management and business advisory firm that partners with stakeholders during periods of transition, underperformance or distress.
Portage Point is currently seeking an exceptional, seasoned leader to build a Transaction Advisory Services (“TAS”) practice. Portage Point has significant experience analyzing, managing and successfully executing restructuring, turnaround, performance improvement, business transformation and value creation related matters. The firm is now looking to expand services into operational due diligence, financial due diligence, quality of earnings and other TAS offerings.
This role offers an opportunity for the ideal candidate to leverage the firm's rapidly expanding platform to build and execute a TAS strategy alongside an elite team. Named the 8th Fastest Growing Consultancy in 2020 and listed on the Inc 5000 in 2021 the firm’s growth will enable unmatched and unfettered career progression.
The Head of TAS role at Portage Point will entail strategy development and execution, business development and client delivery leadership and represents a unique opportunity for a highly capable leader with a proven track record and relevant network. The Head of TAS will develop and execute a strategy to build the practice, develop new and existing client relationships, lead challenging and complex engagements within a collaborative team environment as well as ensure all aspects of engagements are delivered with the highest quality standards and impact. This is a senior leadership role within Portage Point.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Originate – Leverage existing client base to originate new engagements while expanding origination sources across corporate, private equity, lender and legal landscape
- Cross Sell – Leverage TAS client base and business opportunities to cross sell complementary Portage Point service offerings
- Develop and manage existing network and relationships to yield an active referral base of high-quality opportunities
Practice Leadership Responsibilities
- Set Strategy – Collaborate with existing team to establish practice strategy
- Execute – Execute practice expansion strategy through marketing, business development and talent attraction, development and retention activities
- Manage – Manage team members and practice KPI metrics including pipeline management, engagement reporting, staffing considerations and profitability reporting amongst other metrics
Client Delivery & Engagement Execution Responsibilities
- Collaboration – Work directly with Portage Point team members to develop comprehensive solutions across the spectrum of TAS offerings
- Oversight – Lead multiple projects effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Delivery – Work with the entire Portage Point team to lead project execution of all deliverable workflows
Firm Development Responsibilities
- Lead and collaborate on internal workstreams including but not limited to the continuous improvement of go-to-market strategies, marketing activities, learning and development programs and other growth-related initiatives
- 15 + years of audit and transaction advisory experience at public accounting or other professional services firm
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university required (Masters Degree is a plus)
- CPA license
- Must have direct experience in client development, engagement development, negotiating / selling and leading engagement teams
- Expert in project management and client-facing activities, including leading client presentations, business development meetings, developing work plans, planning and execution of work, supervising team and coordinating with other internal and external service providers
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business across a network of corporate relationships, private equity sponsors, lawyers and / or lenders
- Deep experience supervising other professionals and acting in a manner that that serves to motivate, inspire and develop
Highly competitive compensation with quarterly bonus structure, premium health insurance and 401(k) programs (traditional and highly-compensated employee). Location flexible with preference towards Chicago / New York / Los Angeles