Senior Associate, Transaction Advisory Services
United States /
Portage Point Partners /
Transaction Advisory Services
Portage Point is an elite boutique business advisory, consulting, interim management and financial services firm providing an integrated suite of services across the business and investment lifecycle. We are an operationally-oriented and financially-grounded team with a broad range of expertise built to maximize value and align stakeholder interests while allowing us to guide clients through the most urgent and complex opportunities and challenges. Our expertise includes transaction advisory services, performance improvement and accelerated transformation, interim management, investment banking and financial restructuring.
Named one of the Fastest Growing Consultancy’s by Consulting Magazine in 2020 and 2022, listed on the Inc 5000 in 2021 and 2022 and listed on the Financial Times list of The America’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2022 and 2023, the firm’s growth story and unique value proposition will provide the foundation for accelerated growth in the years ahead.
Portage Point’s Transaction Advisory Services (“TAS”) practice supports private equity, direct lenders and corporate clients with financial due diligence, data analytics and tax due diligence connected with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other matters. This practice line is currently seeking exceptional candidates to work on a variety of engagements across a diverse set of industries. As a team member in this new and rapidly growing service line you will frequently be given significant responsibility, creating opportunity for accelerated personal and professional advancement. The expansion of the TAS practice is critical to Portage Point realizing its vision of becoming a full-service advisory firm.
The TAS Senior Associate will assume a wide set of responsibilities across buyside and sellside transactions, including financial and business due diligence, making a significant impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This role represents a unique opportunity for highly-motivated professionals to serve private equity, direct lenders and corporate clients to increase value through thoughtful transaction diligence and structuring. Qualified individuals should be prepared to work within a collaborative team environment to assess a business’s strengths and weaknesses, identify key risks and potential deal issues and ultimately evaluate the alignment of potential transactions to clients' investment strategies.
- Working directly with senior personnel at Portage Point and our clients to develop comprehensive analysis of complex transactional challenges
- Executing buyside and sellside diligence including but not limited to historical and projected financial and operating trends analysis, quality of earnings analysis, working capital analysis and net debt consideration analysis
- Drafting clear and compelling reports outlining key takeaways and participating in/leading management meetings
- Reviewing transaction agreements, customer and vendor contracts
- Contributing to marketing, recruiting and business development efforts
- Collaborating closely with performance improvement, restructuring and investment banking colleagues
- Managing junior resources on engagements by reviewing their work and supporting their career development
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate program
- Located or willing to self-relocate to Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York or Philadelphia
- Three plus years of experience with at least two years of financial due diligence experience within a Big 4 accounting firm or similar
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau and Alteryx (or other similar analytics programs) preferred
- Ability to successfully work in a small, collaborative team environment
- High degree of maturity with a proven ability to interact with senior executives, private equity firms, lenders, lawyers, middle managers and line workers
- Effectively communicates analysis through Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint including high-quality messaging, structure and formatting
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times
- Open to travel and work at client site
- Proven track-record of success in high pressure, time-constrained environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong e-mail etiquette
- Top-tier organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial nature
$160,000 - $200,000 a year
The City of New York and the State of California require Portage Point to provide compensation information for this role. This range represent the anticipated minimum and maximum base + bonus for this position based upon a good faith and reasonable estimate. The final compensation for this position will be set based on the applicant’s qualifications (education, training and/or experience related to this role), and therefore, may fall outside the range shown, depending on the circumstances.