Associate / Vice President - FP&A
Chicago, IL /
Portage Point Partners /
Portage Point Partners (“Portage Point”) is a business advisory and interim management firm that partners with stakeholders during periods of transition, underperformance or distress. Portage Point is currently seeking an exceptional Associate / Vice President – FP&A to strengthen our operational backbone. Our team members are frequently given significant responsibility beyond their prior experience level, creating opportunity for unconstrained personal and professional advancement.
The Associate / Vice President – FP&A role at Portage Point represents a unique opportunity for a highly-capable professional to assume a wide set of responsibilities and make a significant impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The Associate / Vice President – FP&A will focus on all aspects of financial planning and analysis and reporting related to business forecasting and should be prepared to work within a small, collaborative team environment to manage discrete work streams.
- Leading and directing all financial planning and business forecasting including cash flow, P&L / income, operating performance, budget, etc.
- Developing standard operating procedures (“SOPs”) for the FP&A function
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process including developing and managing (1) financial budgets, (2) budget versus actual reporting and (3) key performance indicators (“KPI”)
- Assessing current forecasting and planning operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Participating in Portage Point’s strategic planning process
- Overseeing and executing accounting operations
- Managing / overseeing various ad hoc projects and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in finance
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in accounting software, Excel and relevant business intelligence tools
- Proficiency in financial modeling including ability to prepare three statement models, dynamic KPI packages and ad hoc analysis
- High degree of maturity with a proven ability to interact with management, team members and external partners
- Effectively communicates analysis through Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint including high-quality messaging, structure and formatting
- Ability to successfully work in a small, collaborative team environment
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong e-mail etiquette
- Top-tier organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial in nature
Highly competitive compensation with quarterly bonus payments, premium health insurance and 401(k) programs