Chicago / Dallas / Los Angeles / New York /
Portage Point Partners /
Restructuring & Performance Improvement
Portage Point is an elite boutique business advisory and financial services firm providing an integrated suite of services across the business and investment lifecycle. We are an operationally-oriented and financially-grounded team encompassing a broad range of expertise built to maximize value and align stakeholder interests while guiding clients through the most urgent and complex opportunities and challenges. Our expertise includes transaction advisory services, performance improvement and accelerated transformation, interim management, investment banking and financial restructuring.
Named one of the Fastest Growing Consultancy’s by Consulting Magazine in 2020 and 2022, listed on the Inc 5000 in 2021 and 2022 and listed on the Financial Times list of The America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2022, the firm’s growth story and unique value proposition will provide the foundation for accelerated growth in the years ahead.
Portage Point is currently seeking exceptional candidates to work on challenging transformation, financial restructuring, interim management, strategic realignment, performance improvement and other operational and financial advisory projects across a variety of industries. Our team members are frequently given significant responsibility beyond their prior experience level, creating opportunity for unconstrained personal and professional advancement.
The Vice President role at Portage Point is a client delivery management position that represents a unique opportunity for highly capable professionals with a proven track record and relevant network. Vice Presidents will focus on developing new and existing client relationships as well as managing all aspects of strategic, operational and financial engagements creating deliverables with the highest quality standards and impact. Vice Presidents, in addition to making substantial contributions to overall firm growth, should be prepared to manage challenging and complex engagements within a small, collaborative team environment.
- Working directly with senior personnel at Portage Point and our clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complex operational and financial challenges across the business lifecycle including formulating and implementing value creation, business transformation and performance improvement plans, contingency planning and bankruptcy preparation / execution
- Building strong rapport with C-Suite executives and key stakeholders to effectively support critical engagements in challenging environments
- Working with the Portage Point team of Associates to Managing Directors to manage execution of all deliverable workflows
- Assessing organizational (and individual) structures and effectiveness
- Overseeing liquidity management (cash flow forecasting, treasury operations and stakeholder communications), case administration (filing preparation, bankruptcy reporting, claims support and plan support) and supporting the development and formulation of business / restructuring plans
- Identifying areas for operational improvements and cost reduction
- Developing dynamic reporting tools to identify leading key performance indicators (“KPIs”)
- Structuring and incorporating streamlined financial and operational processes to improve efficiencies
- Identifying and re-allocating resources to operational, growth, financial and strategic initiatives with highest risk adjusted return
- Training client management to implement and leverage tools in daily / weekly / monthly financial and operational reporting
- Leading preparation of executive reporting packages including KPIs, financial performance, budget, board of director presentations, stakeholder presentations, etc.
- Supporting various operational, financial and management meetings
- Drafting and leading key constituent communications / negotiations
- Establishing a network of executives, private equity firms, lenders, lawyers and other related parties and building relationships that yield an active referral base of high-quality opportunities
- Contributing to the origination and selling of engagements
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Typically at least five years of total experience with two or more years of investment banking, consulting, restructuring / distressed or private equity at a top-tier firm in addition to time spent operating, investing, advising and / or servicing stakeholders or a compelling non-traditional background
- High degree of maturity with ability to build rapport with senior executives, middle managers, line workers, private equity firms, lenders and lawyers and deliver high-value work that exceeds client expectations
- Experience in financial modeling including three statement models, 13-week cash flows, dynamic KPI packages and complex ad hoc analysis or the aptitude to become proficient
- Ability to lead clients and teams through transformation in and out of court restructuring engagements
- Ability to deliver and craft articulate, persuasive presentations, with elevated attention to messaging, structuring, formatting and quality control
- Ready to manage other professionals and act in a manner that serves to motivate, develop and bring out the best in others providing clear direction, coaching and mentoring to team members
- Commitment to develop personal network and relationships, uncover and sell new opportunities and engagements
- Ability to cross-sell complementary service offerings and expand existing relationships
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times and act with urgency
- Open to frequent travel and work at client sites
- Commitment to out-perform in high pressure, time-constrained environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong email etiquette
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Applicable professional certification(s) are preferred
- Highly competitive compensation with quarterly bonus payments, premium health insurance and 401(k) programs
- The City of New York and the State of California require Portage Point to provide annual base salary information for this role. The annual base salary for the Vice President role is $125,000. The annual base salary for the Senior Vice President role is $130,000