Human Resources Business Partner
Chicago, IL /
Portage Point Partners /
Portage Point is an elite boutique business advisory, consulting, interim management and financial services firm providing an integrated suite of services across the business and investment lifecycle. We are an operationally-oriented and financially-grounded team with a broad range of expertise built to maximize value and align stakeholder interests while allowing us to guide clients through the most urgent and complex opportunities and challenges. Our expertise includes transaction advisory services, performance improvement and accelerated transformation, interim management, investment banking and financial restructuring.
Named one of the Fastest Growing Consultancy’s by Consulting Magazine in 2020 and 2022, listed on the Inc 5000 in 2021 and 2022 and listed on the Financial Times list of The America’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2022 and 2023, the firm’s growth story and unique value proposition will provide the foundation for accelerated growth in the years ahead.
The Human Resources Business Partner is the third hire in our talent organization and represents a unique opportunity for unconstrained personal and professional development. The Human Resources Generalist will work alongside the Director, Talent Acquisition, our practice line leaders, the COO and the Managing Partner to run onboarding, performance management, learning and development and total rewards across our service lines. The firm has aggressive headcount and practice development goals and this role is critical to developing and retaining a high-performing, elite team.
- Implementing and continuously improving firm wide onboarding and offboarding
- Implementing and continuously improving firm wide performance management including but not limited to competency models, career pathing, performance management system management, review coordination and bi-annual performance calibration management
- Evaluating, developing and improving firm wide learning and development programs including but not limited to learning roadmap development and execution, learning design, vendor coordination and learning management system management
- Administering total rewards programs including but not limited to managing benefits broker relationships, leading annual benefits review, administering benefits education programs and enrollment, supporting retirement savings program administration, conducting competitor analysis and ensuring Portage Point continues to deliver a market leading total rewards program
- Facilitating engagement focus groups and interviews and executing culture and engagement initiatives
- Developing and maintaining skills assessment frameworks / protocols and related database
- Supporting workforce planning and organizational design efforts
- Responding to ad hoc human resources requests
- Conducting human resources compliance research and identifying areas of risk and change
- Developing and maintaining talent engagement analytics
- Liaises with external employment counsel as needed
- Strong desire to be a part of and contribute to the growth of a high performing team dedicated to unfettered individual and firm level achievements
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Located or willing to self-relocate to Chicago or New York
- Five plus years of human resources experience in professional services, investment banking, asset management or financial services
- Knowledge of state and federal employment/labor laws and statutes, including but not limited to OSHA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Title VII, and other DOL regulations preferred
- Proven ability to navigate employee relations with empathy, directness and sound judgement
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Top-tier organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Zenefits, Lessonly/Seismic and Lattice a plus
$125,000 - $150,000 a year
The City of New York requires Portage Point to provide compensation information for this role. This range represents the anticipated minimum and maximum base + bonus for this position based upon a good faith and reasonable estimate. The final compensation for this position will be set based on the applicant’s qualifications (education, training and/or experience related to this role), and therefore, may fall outside the range shown, depending on the circumstances.