Chicago, IL /
Portage Point Partners /
Transformation, Restructuring & Interim Management Location open with preference for Atlanta / Chicago / Houston / Los Angeles / New York / San Francisco / Washington, D.C.
Portage Point Partners (“Portage Point”) is a business advisory and interim management firm that partners with stakeholders during periods of transition, underperformance or distress.
Portage Point is currently seeking exceptional candidates to work on challenging transformation, financial restructuring, interim management, strategic realignment, performance improvement and other operational and financial advisory projects across a variety of industries. Our team members are frequently given significant responsibility beyond their prior experience level, creating opportunity for unconstrained personal and professional advancement.
The Managing Director role at Portage Point is a business development and client delivery leadership position that represents a unique opportunity for highly capable professionals with a proven track record and relevant network to make substantial contributions to overall firm growth. Managing Directors will focus on developing new and existing client relationships, lead challenging and complex engagements within a small, collaborative team environment as well as ensure all aspects of engagements are delivered with the highest quality standards, and impact.
- Working directly with senior personnel at Portage Point and our clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complex operational and financial challenges across the business lifecycle including formulating and implementing value creation and business transformation plans, contingency planning and bankruptcy preparation / execution
- Working with the Portage Point team of Associates to Managing Directors to lead execution of all deliverable workflows
- Assessing organizational (and individual) structures and effectiveness
- Overseeing liquidity management (cash flow forecasting, treasury operations and stakeholder communications), case administration (filing preparation, bankruptcy reporting, claims support and plan support) and supporting the development and formulation of business / restructuring plans
- Identifying areas for operational improvements and cost reduction
- Reviewing detailed financial projections and business plans
- Reviewing executive reporting packages including key performance indicators (“KPIs”), financial performance, budget, board of director presentations and stakeholder presentations
- Structuring and incorporating streamlined processes to improve efficiencies
- Identifying and re-allocating resources to operational, growth, financial and strategic initiatives with highest risk adjusted return
- Presenting KPIs, financial performance, budget, board of director presentations, stakeholder presentations
- Leading various operational, financial and management meetings
- Leading key constituent communications / negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Significant experience in the areas of strategic, financial or operational consulting, investment banking, restructuring / distressed, private equity, lending and / or industry roles
- Proven leader in the delivery of high-value work that exceeds client expectations
- Demonstrated capability of developing new business transformation, restructuring and interim management
- Advises the client and makes decisions that demonstrate expertise, synthesizing the core drivers of both the clients’ business, situational analyses and the underlying complexity of the situation to maximize value
- Deep experience supervising other professionals and acting in a manner that serves to motivate, develop and bring out the best in others. Provides clear direction, coaching and mentoring to team members
- Full mastery of financial modeling including ability to review three statement models, 13-week cash flows, dynamic KPI packages and complex ad hoc analysis
- Ability to deliver and craft insightful, influential presentations, with elevated attention to messaging, structuring, formatting and quality control
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times and act with urgency
- Open to frequent travel and work at client sites
- Commitment to out-perform in high pressure, time-constrained environments
- Applicable professional certification(s) are preferred
Highly competitive compensation with quarterly bonus payments, premium health insurance and 401(k) programs