Chicago / New York /
Portage Point Partners /
Restructuring, Performance Improvement & Investment Banking
Portage Point is an elite boutique business advisory and financial services firm providing an integrated suite of services across the business and investment lifecycle. We are an operationally-oriented and financially-grounded team encompassing a broad range of expertise built to maximize value and align stakeholder interests while guiding clients through the most urgent and complex opportunities and challenges. Our expertise includes transaction advisory services, performance improvement and accelerated transformation, interim management, investment banking and financial restructuring.
Named one of the Fastest Growing Consultancy’s by Consulting Magazine in 2020 and 2022, listed on the Inc 5000 in 2021 and 2022 and listed on the Financial Times list of The America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2022, the firm’s growth story and unique value proposition will provide the foundation for accelerated growth in the years ahead.
Portage Point is currently seeking exceptional candidates to work on challenging transformation, financial restructuring, interim management, strategic realignment, performance improvement and other operational and financial advisory projects across a variety of industries. Our team members are frequently given significant responsibility beyond their prior experience level, creating opportunity for unconstrained personal and professional advancement.
The Associate role at Portage Point represents a unique opportunity for highly-motivated professionals to assume a wide set of responsibilities and make a significant impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Associates will focus on all aspects of financial, operational and strategy engagements and should be prepared to work within a small, collaborative team environment to manage discrete work streams.
- Working directly with senior personnel at Portage Point and our clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complex operational and financial challenges across the business lifecycle including formulating and implementing value creation, business transformation and performance improvement plans, contingency planning and bankruptcy preparation / execution
- Working with the Portage Point team of Associates to Managing Directors to manage execution of all deliverable workflows
- Analyzing detailed financial statement information including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and key operational data
- Developing liquidity forecasting, DIP sizing, first day motions, petition exhibits, vendor analysis, SOALs / SOFA/s / MORs, 13-week cash flow projections, key performance indicator (“KPI”) tracking, KEIP & KERP development, liquidation analysis and three statement models
- Identifying areas for operational improvements and cost reduction
- Preparing executive reporting packages including KPIs, financial performance and budget
- Developing critical presentations (value creation plans, operational and strategic roadmaps, Board of Director updates, creditor updates, general performance update materials, confidential information memoranda, etc.) for key stakeholders (management, Board of Directors, investors, creditors, etc.)
- Implementing cash conservation protocols and communication processes with key stakeholders
- Preparing ad hoc financial and operational analysis, often on a real-time basis
- Assisting in due diligence for potential new investments, including market research and analysis of industry trends, financial modeling and valuation
- Developing operational forecasts and budgets for active and potential investments
- Actively participating in various operational, financial and management meetings
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Typically at least one year of investment banking, consulting, private equity or other formal financial modeling training at a top-tier firm
- Ability to successfully work in a small, collaborative team environment
- High degree of maturity with a proven ability to interact with senior executives, middle managers, line workers, private equity firms, lenders and lawyers
- Financial acumen to prepare three statement models, 13-week cash flows, dynamic KPI packages and complex ad hoc analysis or the aptitude to become proficient
- Effectively communicates analysis through Microsoft Word and PowerPoint including high-quality messaging, structuring and formatting
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times and act with urgency
- Open to frequent travel and work at client site
- Commitment to out-perform in high pressure, time-constrained environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong e-mail etiquette
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, proactive and entrepreneurial nature
- Highly competitive compensation with quarterly bonus payments, premium health insurance and 401(k) programs
- The City of New York requires Portage Point to provide annual base salary information for this role. The annual base salary for the Associate role is $95,000. The annual base salary for the Senior Associate role is $110,000