Vice President, Delivery Excellence
United States /
Portage Point Partners /
Portage Point is an elite boutique business advisory, consulting, interim management and financial services firm providing an integrated suite of services across the business and investment lifecycle. We are an operationally-oriented and financially-grounded team with a broad range of expertise built to maximize value and align stakeholder interests while allowing us to guide clients through the most urgent and complex opportunities and challenges. Our expertise includes transaction advisory services, performance improvement and accelerated transformation, interim management, investment banking and financial restructuring.
Named one of the Fastest Growing Consultancy’s by Consulting Magazine in 2020 and 2022, listed on the Inc 5000 in 2021 and listed on the Financial Times list of The America’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2022 and 2023, the firm’s growth story, recent engagement success, industry expertise and unique value proposition will provide the foundation for accelerated growth in the years ahead. To capitalize on the growth and enable the firm’s expansion the Vice President, Delivery Excellence will play a key operational role within the organization. In this role you will have the opportunity to evaluate, identify areas for improvement and execute a strategy that ensures all engagements are delivered efficiently and successfully resulting in exceptional client satisfaction.
The Vice President, Delivery Excellence will work alongside the Managing Partner, Chief Operating Officer and service line leaders to create, support and improve delivery capabilities, approaches, frameworks and roadmaps. The primary goal will be enabling platforms to empower engagement teams to enhance speed to impact and delivery excellence. The Vice President, Delivery Excellence will, at a minimum, lead engagement conversion and kick-off processes, develop playbooks, codify new engagement learnings into frameworks, own Portage Point’s intellectual property library, continuously improve pricing, manage quality control and complete engagement offboarding.
- Holistically own delivery excellence ensuring every engagement is delivered with excellence, intensity and pace
- Continuously create and reimagine SOPs, frameworks and roadmaps that enable teams to deliver speed to impact ultimately codifying everything that Portage Point does across Transaction Advisory Services, Performance Improvement, Interim Management, Investment Banking and Restructuring
- Lead engagement onboarding including developing and executing new engagement kickoff standard operating procedures and system set-up
- Coordinate resource management including engagement staffing and ERP management
- Manage pricing standardization including rate analysis and updates
- Organize effective data management and knowledge sharing including SharePoint / One Drive management
- Manage existing and develop new standard operating procedures, execution roadmaps and frameworking to create efficiencies, ensure quality and delivery a consistent client experience
- Support quality control
- Facilitate engagement offboarding including codify learnings, deliverables, etc into new and / or updated delivery roadmaps / frameworks / SOPs
- Deploy client net promoter score (“NPS”) survey and leverages results to continuously improve delivery
- Lead change management efforts ensuring outcomes of delivery excellence work are adopted across practice lines and team members
- Bachelors’ degree
- Located or willing to self-relocate to Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles or New York
- Seven plus years of experience in a professional services delivery enablement or client engagement management role
- Proven ability to establish and grow relationships at all levels within the organization
- Creative, strategic thinker who continually seeks way to improve systems and processes
- Ability to uncover insights that will help drive quality and speed to impact
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects
- Experience working independently and within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment
- Strong desire to be a part of and contribute to the growth of a high performing team dedicated to unfettered individual and firm level achievements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong e-mail etiquette
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times
- Top-tier organizational skills and attention to detail
$150,000 - $190,000 a year
The City of New York and the State of California require Portage Point to provide compensation information for this role. This range represent the anticipated minimum and maximum base + bonus for this position based upon a good faith and reasonable estimate. The final compensation for this position will be set based on the applicant’s qualifications (education, training and/or experience related to this role), and therefore, may fall outside the range shown, depending on the circumstances.